International Rescue Committee (IRC)
|Work Location : Niger – Niamey||Type of Post : Not Applicable|
|Other Possible Location :||Funding : APPROVED|
|Expected Travel : up to 50%||Type of Contract :|
|Language Requirement : English, French||Application Deadline :|
|Employee Duration : Active Full-Time|
CARE is seeking an experienced Strategic Learning Lead to spearhead the Collaborative Learning and adaptation (CLA) approach for the Hamzari Program (October 2018 – September 2025). This position is a designated ‘Key Personnel’ position assigned to this project and identified as a critical role in the success and implementation of the project. Hamzari is a USD39,854,693 USAID funded project with a mission to enhance food, nutrition, and economic security, targeting the three most vulnerable communes based on indicators by the Government of Niger.
This position requires extensive travel with 50% of the time spent in project field sites. The incumbent should be willing to perform regular field visits, performing monthly field trips at the commune and village levels to collect lessons learned and success stories, and interact with field staff on various technical approaches. This position is in Niamey, Niger, and reports directly to the Chief of Party- Hamzari Program.
- Drive learning and create, implement, and integrate learning linkages
- The Strategic Learning Lead will develop learning synergies, along with a continuous learning loop with the Monitoring & Evaluation Lead. S/he will serve as a member of Hamzari’s Program Management Unit, which will coordinate interventions; develop implementation guidelines; measure project progress, performance, and impact; ensure cross-sectoral integration, and manage the integration of learning and innovation.
- Lead the implementation of the learning agenda
- The Strategic Learning Lead will ensure that Hamzari project staff is ready and able to engage in learning plans and behaviors described in USAID’s CLA framework. S/he will lead the implementation of the learning agenda, acting as a focal point to connect internal and external actors and learning, as a driver of learning behaviors and the comprehensive learning agenda (to further inform program adaptation), as a coach who supports others to learn, and as a coordinator of key learning activities.
- Turn data and analysis into knowledge products for diverse users
- Engaging all project stakeholders, the Strategic Learning Lead will develop tools, gather information, utlize effective platforms and publish success stories and lessons emerging from program implementation and ensuring quality communications to external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience.
- Full professional proficiency in both English and French is required.
- Excellent, high-level, demonstrated written and oral presentation skills in both English and French is required.
- Experienced in the use of desktop publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of USAID funded programs required.
- Must have experience working in the Africa Regions.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, planning, facilitation, capacity strengthening, and collaborative learning and adaptation.
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain partnerships and productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to translate complex and complicated ideas into easily accessible and understandable concepts and/or messages.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to develop high-quality documents that summarizes large amounts of information for easy access and use by internal and external partners.
- Capable of writing and editing scripts and functional skills to produce audiovisual and multimedia materials with a strong understanding of creative production from beginning to end.
- Understanding of and contacts in national media in Niger, experienced in utilizing social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube), websites, and other media run by USAID and CARE to share and promote learning and impact.
- Facilitation and meeting/workshop management skills are required.
- Must be able to travel to program areas in Niger as required.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.