Georgia Southern University
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Liberty Campus – Hinesville, GA
The Student Assistant will support the Liberty Campus as an Office Assistant beginning Fall 2023.
Student employees cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period.
- Provides student support in regard to programming and academic support
- Performs administrative functions in regard to the role
- Up to 19 hours per week
- Flexible with schedule of availability
- Shifts available Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM
- Must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University.
$8.00 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Schedule of Availability
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to support various constituencies served by the University
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
October 9, 2023
Application review may begin as early as September 22, 2023.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected] .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected] .
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate or three or more graduate level credit hours at Georgia Southern University.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position is not required to drive.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.