General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programs, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to the affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the planning, daily management, reporting and compliance with Orange policy and procedures for the supply chain functions in the country. The responsibilities include procurement, fleet management, warehousing, and asset management. In accordance with Orange Procurement and Logistics policies and procedures and relevant policies, to support the effective operation of the Orange Offices and related activities by providing general supply chain support.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
Logistics planning and activities
- Strategically plan and manage logistics activities related to procurement, transport, assets and warehouses.
- Evaluating and verifying along with Projects Managers monthly procurement plan for all projects.
- Cooperate with other team leaders connected with logistics activities.
- Full responsibility for obeying and implementing Orange rules regarding procurements.
- Managing all logistics duties including the Turkish and Syrian Logistics teams.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed up and achieved.
- Make sure to Provide documentary justification of expenses to the finance department.
- Oversee all procurement activities and ensure all procurement documentation follows the required Purchase Procedure.
- Set up and maintain a database of local suppliers, detailing criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc.
- Represents the logistics team in all tender committees in Turkey
- Undertake quotations or launch Calls for Tender.
- Make sure that conditions and nature of goods received as required.
- Keep good tracking and up to date of all the purchase requests .
Contracts and Documentation:
- Draft and review all necessary contracts connected with suppliers and or landlords .
- Ensure all payments are processed on time
- Make sure to keep contracts register for all logistics activities.
- Make sure that ATC are prepared for all suppliers and landlords before signing the contracts.
- Make sure to maintain all Orange storage facilities at Turkey Office and Syria office in accordance to Orange Logistics Procedures.
- Make sure to maintain stock cards for all inventory stored.
- Monitor stocks of stationery and office supplies, report on consumption and raise OQRFs to replenish when required, ensuring no stock outs disrupt activities;
- Report to Operations Manager on inventory levels (daily, weekly, monthly as required).
- Effectively follow all asset management procedures in all orange offices and ensure compliance with the Orange Logistics Procedures and relevant Policies.
- Oversee the management of the Orange Fixed Assets Register (FAR) in all Orange offices to ensure accurate and current location of all and any assets in all offices.
- Report receipt, movement, damage and disposal of all assets to Operations Manager, and entered into the FAR upon receipt, an Asset Receipt Certificate is completed and filed with a copy of the invoice, and all assets are appropriately labelled/tagged in accordance with the Orange Logistics Procedures.
- Adequately store and keep secure all assets at the Offices
- Ensure that the track Asset Transfer Certificates for all assigned or returned assets, ensuring electronic and hard copy filing systems are maintained and up-to-date;
- Management of the Project fleet and drivers in Turkey and Syria.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Project fleet
- Ensure Car Log Book is kept for each vehicle.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Operations Manager
- Fulfil Orange reporting requirements.
- BA in relevant field (Accounting, Logistic, Economic. etc.)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business and administration in non-governmental organisations or private sectors .
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel)
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a rapidly anhg work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends, as required;
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Trustworthy and honest; and ability to write, speak and work in English (intermediate).
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills .
- High communications skills and deep knowledge of the Syria context.
- Excellent in English and Arabic, Turkish will be an asset.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning empowers people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other strengthens and enhances the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of the children and communities we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create a safe organization for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy, which is a statement of Orange’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/3df52897-0774-4798-beb5-919f3b8feec9
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
• Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications