POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECTED TO FEASIBILITIES
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
Simulation is the science and methodology of creating a realistic situation or environments similar to reality, to provoke experiences that allow persons, in a controlled and safe space, to practice, learn, reflect, design, test or to gain understanding of systems or/and human actions. Therefore, at MSF we are very interested in using simulation to build competences, but also to reflect on and solve those questions, challenges and problems that we face in our day-to-day work, in order to define new ways of doing things and bring about positive changes at the level of individuals, teams and the organisation itself. In order to take advantage of the benefits of this methodology, we are working to integrate simulation into our daily work in the organization at all levels. Taking in consideration the growing interest in the use of simulation in MSF and the recognized evidence-based benefits of simulation, MSF Field Simulation TIC is continuously working to support the gradual increase in the use of simulation in MSF aiming at to positively contribute to the quality of humanitarian medical assistance MSF provides to the population. This will be done by working in three main areas and pillars:
- Continue capacity building activities, as well as the development of learning solutions to design, organise, facilitate and implement simulation programmes following best practices.
- Continue to progressively integrate simulation into different identified MSF ecosystems (systems and processes), to contribute to the reflection, improvement and innovation of its medical-humanitarian activities.
- MSF will continue to explore innovative uses of simulation in the field and at headquarters for the benefit of individuals, teams and the organization itself.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically Program manager of the TIC Simulation and functionally accountable to head of services.
The main objective of this position is to support the implementation OCBA MSF Field Simulation project plans.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In close collaboration and supported by the TIC Simulation Program manager in all steps:
- Support the implementation of the OCBA MSF Field Simulation project plans agreed with the OC’s stakeholders.
- Centralize the specific demands (pilots) that may arise from the field, the HQ OPS and the technical department and LU for the use of simulation.
- Participate in the co-design of the support structure and procedures related to simulation in the OC and its OPS in the Dakar Regional unit.
- Participate in the identification of sites ready to implement the pilots with the cells, and needed dpt med, ops and LU departments.
- Elaborate & coordinate the annual schedule of the pilot’s implementation (the prioritization will be previously done the Program Manager with the stakeholders) in collaboration with:
- Field teams.
- Technical on Capacity building & deployments and MIOs.
- and with the department involved (ops, med, log, LU …).
- Plan, adapt resources needed to be deployed based on the plans defined (MIOS, SME, facilitators, material…) with the support of the Technical on Capacity-Building & deployments.
- Organize jointly with the MIO & the support of the Technician on capacity Building, the preparation and implementation of simulation pilots (chronogram, resources, etc.) in coordination with the cell and the field teams.
- Participate on the monitor the implementation of the plans jointly with the Technician on deployments, the fulfillment of specifics stablished pilot’s goals and the proper development of the reports.
- Participates in the Data collection, analytics & Reporting.
- Participate in the budget follow-up. Communication:
- Support the communication and change management activities in relation to promote the benefits of simulation, experiences sharing among the different pilots implemented in different projects, reports sharing, etc.
- Participate to the strategy and activities developed to promote the simulation concepts and experiences, and support exchange discussion between projects implementing them with the support of MSF field simulation team.
- Maintain regular contact with OPS, Med, Log LU to keep up-to-date with simulation initiatives and developments.
- MSF field experience in management/coordination positions. At least 2-3 years.
- Strong project cycle management, communication skills, diplomacy, analytical thinking, leadership skills.
- Experience in simulation will be and asset.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic work environment.
- English and French. Spanish and/or Arabic are very much valued.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Part-time position.
- Duration estimated of 1 year.
- Contract modality according to local legal framework.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-3B (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6982/
Closing date: October 23rd, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.