The RSPB Supporter Services team is a dedicated supporter facing team, working continuously to
meet the needs of 1.2 million RSPB members, supporters and the public; dealing with up to a
quarter of a million questions, and actions each year through various contact channels
including phone, email and increasingly through social media.
What’s the role about
We are seeking to recruit 2 experienced Supporter Advisers on a Full Time basis. These roles
play an essential part in generating and retaining ongoing support for the RSPB, so that we
can continue to carry out our vital conservation work. We need people who understand the
importance of customer care and can provide an excellent level of customer service even under
pressure. You need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, be able to work
well as part of a team and thrive working in a dynamic, high profile environment.
These are great opportunities for people with a proven track record of providing excellent
customer service, with an interest in conservation and nature, to develop their administrative
and customer service skills with the UK’s largest nature conservation charity.
What we need
Supporter Advisors (Membership) provide consistent and enthusiastic front-line support,
pertinent information, complaint resolution and advice to existing and prospective supporters,
addressing potentially sensitive issues, managing reputational risk and enhancing the Supporter
Experience by developing conversations to acquire, retain, cross –sell and promote both
financial and non-financial support for the RSPB work to save nature.
The successful applicants may also be expected to work flexibly to provide ad hoc support to
the Wildlife Enquiries team during times of high demand.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer service role, ideally in the charity or conservation sector
- Knowledge of GDPR and Gift Aid and the associated business rules.
- Experience in working within a dynamic, customer facing and high-profile environment.
- Experience of Complaint handling and customer care: Able to develop positive relationships
with Supporters including those providing negative feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of MS Office packages and Supporter Databases.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understands the RSPBs mission and its various products and memberships.
- Is self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Experience / capable of cross selling and up selling to customers.
- Able to manage own workload with high degrees of flexibility to match customer demand.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, planning, effectiveness and productivity.
- Able to work quickly and under pressure during supporter phone calls with complex databases,
systems, financial software and online portals.
- Empathy in communications with recently bereaved supporters and In Memoriam support
These are two Permanent positions, Full-Time (37.5 Hrs per week). Both roles will be located at
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 03/11/2022 (subject to change). For
further information please contact the recruiting manager at [email protected].
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete
an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.