University of Connecticut
The University of Connecticut, Information Technology Services (ITS) Department is seeking a Senior Systems Management administrator for the Configuration Management Team. This position works under a designated team lead or manager and is responsible for supporting systems management as a service at the University of Connecticut as the technical lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and validating configurations, general configuration support, and future development of additional related services. Working experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM, formerly SCCM), JAMF Pro/MDM’s, and Active Directory/Group Policy is a requirement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the technical lead on the Configuration Management Team.
- Set project objectives for the team to meet project initiatives and standards.
- Evaluate and monitor the accuracy, quality, quality, and timeliness to meet project milestones and objectives.
- Maintain Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and JAMF Pro and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Build reports, monitors, and resolves issues with patching compliance and workstation security.
- Develops scripts for automating frequent processes.
- Configure new service integrations with role-based access permissions.
- Is team-oriented and collaborative, working in conjunction with the Configuration Management Team, other ITS teams, external IT departments, and various vendors.
- Research and improve the device configuration management service.
- Other related duties as required.
System Administrator 2
- 8 years of related experience; or an Associate’s degree and 6 years of related experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience.
- 4 years of working experience building or administering/managing Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- 4 years of working experience building or administering/managing JAMF Pro (or another Mobile Device Management platform).
- 4 years of working experience with OS and software patching on both Windows and iOS workstations.
- Familiarity with enterprise IT security best practices.
- Familiarity with networking/firewalls.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of scripting/automation.
- Critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and analysis.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for System Administrator 3
- 10 years of related experience; or an Associate’s degree and 8 years of related experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience.
- 6 years of working experience building or administering/managing Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- 6 years of working experience building or administering/managing JAMF Pro (or another Mobile Device Management platform).
- 6 years of working experience with OS and software patching on both Windows and iOS workstations
- Working knowledge of enterprise IT security best practices.
Systems Administrator 2
- Experience writing complex scripts; advanced PowerShell knowledge.
- Experience administering Microsoft Intune/Autopilot in an enterprise environment.
- Experience administering JAMF Cloud in an enterprise environment.
- Experience administering, securing, and upgrading Windows workstations and servers.
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Systems Administrator 3
- Experience serving as the technical lead of a team.
- Experience working with vendors and/or management to design, develop, enhance, and implement enterprise solutions.
This is a full-time, 12-month, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. The hiring range for the Systems Administrator 2 position is $76,897 to $99,966. The hiring range for the Systems Administrator 3 position is $86,125 to $111,962. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs , Staff Positions, Search #497151 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 20, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.