Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Enterprise Architecture Division in the IT Department is looking to fill 2 contractual positions for a Systems Engineer (ServiceNow) to support the continual demand and growth of the platform at the Fund. This position will liaise with internal IT and external business stakeholders to solicit requirements, configure out-of-the-box solutions, and build custom applications to meet business requirements. In this role, you will also work with multiple internal and external development teams to assess developmental conflicts and impact across the platform and ensure the proper development standards are being followed.
In addition, the selected candidate will:
- Work with business stakeholders to design, develop, configure, and customize (when necessary) ServiceNow applications and services.
- Provide consultative technical leadership to the platform team and business stakeholder, and look for opportunities to expand the use of platform capabilities at the Fund.
- Provide technical evaluation of demands against ServiceNow platform architecture, capabilities, and best practices.
- Develop coding and configuration standards as well as best practices for maintaining the ServiceNow architecture model.
- Expand and deliver on native capabilities on the platform to meet business requirements.
- Assist with systems administration, platform configuration, and development efforts.
- Support the entire development lifecycle end-to-end including requirements gathering, testing and deployment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead process workshops when defining requirements and provide thought leadership and consensus building with stakeholders.
2. Capture business and user requirements, and provide estimates on the level of effort to deliver solution.
3. Identify capabilities on the platform to meet business requirements and provide estimates on the level of effort to deliver solution.
4. Follow standard development and coding best practices, including agile/scrum concepts.
5. Design and develop ServiceNow workflows and integrations according to project, process, and customer objectives.
6. Assess impact of changes and work with development teams to minimize technical debt on the platform.
7. Manage the pipeline of demand and ongoing development activities, and work with platform owner to reprioritize new demand.
8. Conduct review, system design, test, verification, and documentation activities.
9. Manage clone and promotion activities across environments, including update sets management.
10. Investigate capabilities on the platform and provide demos or build proof-of-concepts as needed.
11. Work with IT teams to build and support existing and new integrations with various systems.
12. Identify opportunities to improve and streamline the overall platform and its performance.
13. Create knowledge articles for internal knowledge sharing, and for consumption by other teams including the IT Help Desk and End Users.
14. Conduct roadmap planning based on platform capabilities against strategic business needs .
15. Lead annual upgrade activities and implementation, and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure platform is stable.
16. Provide platform operations and maintenance support; be available for off-hour release deployments and support.
17. Conduct patching and remediation of security vulnerabilities .
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline plus a minimum of 4 years of professional relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, is required.
In addition to, the below are highly desired:
- 7+ years of relevant experience using ServiceNow.
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow development including Business Rules, Glide, scripting, UI Policies, Flow Designer, and ACLs.
- Domain expertise and practical implementation experience in multiple applications on the ServiceNow platform (e.g. ITSM, ITOM, CSM, HR Service Delivery, GRC, …).
- Experience designing and developing solutions with PaaS solutions such as ServiceNow in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methods.
- Experience with Single Sign-on configuration and administration.
- Experience configuring and maintain MID Server.
- Experience with Service Portal UI design and configuration.
- Knowledge of SAML, Active Directory, or LDAP Integrations.
- Experience leading workshops to solicit requirements, and explaining platform capabilities in layman’s terms.
- Excellent documentation (writing and diagramming), interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Great ability to work in a fast-moving environment and with minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of organizational change management and communication .
- ServiceNow System Administration or Application Development or Implementation Specialist Certification.
- ITILv3 or ITIL4 Certification preferred.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.
ITDEA Information Technology Department Enterprise Architecture & Automation
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.