World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Tableau Product Manager
Type of Contract: Consultant Level II
Division: TECX, Technology Division
Duty Station: Remote
Duration: 11 months
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as IT) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the agility required in humanitarian operations, be they manmade or in a natural disaster setting. TEC Division continues to increase its activities to meet the constantly growing demand from the organization and implement the initiatives related to digital transformation.
WFP has launched its digital transformation program with a strong focus on utilizing data for better informed decision-making. We are investing heavily in our deployment of Tableau, to enable powerful visual analytics capabilities, alongside platforms for data integration, deep field data collection, and corporate reporting.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Data Services, TEChnology (TEC) Division, the Tableau Platform Lead will be a key team member in leading the design, implementation, operation and optimization of Tableau services to support WFP HQ and field offices worldwide. Major duties include owning the platform roadmap and framework according to Tableau Blueprint best practices, fostering and improving the use of analytics throughout the organization by overseeing the Tableau user community, leading server upgrade and performance initiatives, developing and adhering to WFP’s data governance policies and guidelines, and liaising with Tableau services companies and partners on product improvements or solutions development.
Tableau Services (40% of time)
- End User Support: Utilizing Doctor Hour’s and individual coaching sessions to resolve end-user challenges with Tableau.
- Analysis Support: Organize data analyst support to assist teams who do not have capabilities needed to build visualizations on Tableau.
- Communication and Knowledge Management: Create and manage content on intranet, SharePoint, and social channels to provide easy access to information regarding Tableau and the WFP Analytics Platform (Tableau Server).
- Community Management: Create and manage the WFP Tableau Community.
- Training: Support Tableau Training requests
Thought Leadership and Management (30% of time)
- Strategically grow analytics services in WFP using Tableau as a catalyst to support Regional Bureau and Country Offices data needs.
- Build a roadmap so that Tableau contributes to the increase in data maturity in WFP under the overall umbrella of the WFP Global Data Strategy.
- Cultivate the Tableau partnership
- Identify data champions who can provide a foundation of capabilities in analytics and utilize Tableau to the benefit of Country Offices.
Content and Data Governance (5% of time)
- Create and implement data governance processes, standards, and guidelines for the WFP Analytics Platform (Tableau Server) that meets WFP’s information security, data privacy and protection requirements.
Performance and Monitoring (5% of time)
- Develop a set of performance metrics to monitor the success of Tableau Server / Desktop and provide insights to help drive improvements for WFP. Report regularly.
- Develop guidance on the performance tuning of workbooks, data sources and providing best practices for the user community.
Technical Platform Oversight (20% of time)
- Manage the external service provider team who provide maintenance and support services for the WFP Analytics Platform (Tableau Server)
- Ensure tickets for the Maintenance and Support team are successfully resolved and closed.
- Create business plan to assess the opportunity to move from on-premise to cloud infrastructure.
- and support for WFP’s TEC initiatives;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Tableau Product Roadmap created, reviewed, and approved.
- WFP Tableau champions identified, and community of practice extended.
- WFP Analytics Platform (Tableau Server) optimized and available for end-users (99% availability target). Security and data protection controls are configured properly.
- End-user support established and tickets closed in a timely fashion.
- End-user documentation, guidance and policies published and available.
- Business plan for move to cloud hosting infrastructure completed.
- Continuous engagement with Tableau Foundation team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Data Management, Statistics, Information Management other relevant discipline.
- At least 6 years of experience working with data and analytics projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL and PL/SQL
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Tableau Certification in Tableau Desktop (highly desired)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid technical understanding of data management & data analytics.
- Rich experience and proven skills in working towards a common goal in a team of diverse skills, experience and cultural backgrounds, with heavy emphasis towards business and non-technical team members and stakeholders outside the team.
- High problem-solving skills and willingness to develop any technical skills needed, if any.
- Experience with geographically distributed teams where the focus on team- work and achieving deliverables require very strong communication skills – both written and verbal – to ensure team members are aligned on the final deliverables and processes to achieve high quality results.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and experience in project planning.
Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our Work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 19 October 2022 at 11:59pm Rome time (CET/CEST)
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.