Carolina Community Actions, Inc.
Assist teacher in all aspects of classroom supervision/instruction and also perform the duties of a Bus Driver. Responsible for transporting Head Start children to and from the center daily and for the supervision of all passengers on the bus (children, parents and staff).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist Teacher to arrange and maintain a safe, clean, and attractive classroom environment.
2. Conduct, supervise, and take part in daily classroom activities.
3. Plan and implement lesson plan.
4. Arrange and conduct parents’ activities and parent meetings.
5. Ensure that each child’s records are accurate and up to date.
6. Other duties deemed necessary by the Teacher and/or Center Director.
7. Practice safe driving habits at all times.
8. Follow established bus routes to pick up and return Head Start children.
9. Perform minor repairs and/or upkeep the vehicle.
10. Upholds all state and agency rules and regulations pertaining to the transportation of children on a bus or commercial vehicle.
11. Maintain daily mileage records and logs to be turned in on a weekly basis to the Transportation Coordinator.
12. Transport children to medical/dental appointments and transport parents to monthly parent meetings as required by the Transportation and Parent Involvement Coordinator.
13. Attend in-service, pre-service training, staffing meetings, and other training meetings as directed by the Transportation, Facilities, and Education Coordinator.
14. Fill in for Teacher in her/his absence.
15. Complete monthly time records.
16. Carry out other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.14 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Physical Education
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- child development: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.