World Bank (WBG)
|Term Duration:||3 years|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||10/18/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Pacific Department currently works in twelve developing countries in the Region (the Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, the Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu). It has Country Offices in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands, and a South Pacific Hub in Suva, Fiji which coordinates activities in Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu and Nauru. There are Liaison Offices in Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
The Pacific Department is now seeking to hire a Team Assistant (TA)/Receptionist to be based in Suva, Fiji who will work closely with client countries across the South Pacific in particular to enhance implementation support, support capacity building efforts and contribute the department’s quality assurance functions and strategy documents.
The TA/receptionist will carry out a range of duties in the Suva Office and contribute to the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules for TTLs and senior staff as required. The candidate would need to proactively ask questions, use the World Bank intranet and other operational programs and resources, and make connections with staff in other Country Offices and our Washington based HQ for guidance and advice to achieve the required results. There will be office-based guidance but the role will involve extensive liaison with service units, internal team members both in HQ and in the field, as well as external counterparts. The successful candidate will also be assigned responsibility for aspects of the unit’s administrative functions.
The TA/Receptionist will report to the Resident Representative for the South Pacific, who will provide supervision and guidance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• The team assistant will first and foremost be responsible for receptionist duties.
• Liaison with the relevant Fijian authorities on matters relating to work permits, customs clearance and related duties for staff of the World Bank. It will also entail ordering and monitoring office supplies, sorting and distribute incoming mail, handle courier services, assist in maintaining office and unit files, assist with organizing meetings and events and other administrative tasks.
• Work productively and effectively often from own initiative providing support to the Executive Assistant, TTLs and Senior Staff.
• Draft routine correspondence, project related documents, and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitor changes, and communicate information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the World Bank (WB).
• Solve non-routine problems (e.g., respond to requests requiring file searches, and identification of correct operational procedures).
• Preparation and logistical planning for various events, such as conferences, workshops, negotiations.
• Process Invoices from vendors and ensure proper filing of all records.
• Liaison Responsible with the Building Manager of any office defects that requires attention or maintenance.
• Assist with processing Consultant contracts (E-Consult2) and travel. Coordinate with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters when requested.
• Maintain current distribution lists, phone/email/contact lists for the WBG office, vendors and clients and distribute documents for the team.
• Maintain up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
• Work will involve frequent interaction with the following: Internal Contacts, Other VP and Global Practice (GP) units, IFC and MIGA, and other institutional units. Staff in all locations, locally and internationally, external Contacts such as Government authorities, Consultants, and External Organizations.
• Preferred education – High school diploma with 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. University degrees would be an advantage.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SAP and other World Bank applications such as eConsultant2, Operations Portal and WBDocs would be an advantage.
• Ability to quickly become proficient in using advanced functions of Bank standard computer applications and state-of-the-art software along with the WB’s record management and online filing procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to execute business processes involving diverse and intricate work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
• Good knowledge of unit’s business processes and procedures, and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
• Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources (e.g., databases or other filing systems, Joint Library, Internet, etc.)
• Effective time management and organizational skills and ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
• Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
• Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
• Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. Computer application, knowledge tests) as required.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.