The European Rail Supply Industry Association
We are looking for a motivated Technical Affairs Manager, who will be mainly responsible for the co-ordination of UNIFE’s activities in the respective fields of European research & innovation, regulation, standardisation and technical railway legislation.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Coordination of the UNIFE Freight Committee (bringing together UNIFE freight members) including the follow-up of the Digital Automatic Coupling (DAC) activities in Europe
- Follow-up of the Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking System Pillar freight activities
- Co-coordination of the UNIFE Standards and Regulation Group (bringing together high-level technical representatives of UNIFE members) responsible notably for the follow-up of European Commission’s DG MOVE rail interoperability and safety activities, ERA activities, CEN-CENELEC and ISO activities
- Follow-up of the implementation of the Technical Pillar of the Fourth Railway Package
- Follow-up of the revision of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI)
- Follow-up of standardisation activities (including CEN-CENELEC and ISO, Sector Forum Rail, RASCOP)
- Responsible for European R&I projects (proposal and project phases)
The Technical Affairs Manager will assist the relevant internal committees and working groups of the association.
The Technical Affairs Manager will have to report to the UNIFE Head of Technical Affairs Unit.
- University or Master’s degree in engineering or project management with 2-3 years professional experience in the railway industry. Candidates with less professional experience can also apply
- Relevant experience in EU rail standardisation and regulation
- Knowledge of European rail authorisation/certification process is a plus
- Knowledge of European rail technical legislation (Technical Specifications for Interoperability, Fourth Railway Package) is a plus
- Knowledge of railway standardisation process is an advantage
- Knowledge of European rail research and innovation including Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking and DAC activities is a plus
- Significative experience in project management/coordination is a plus
- Rigorous, detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Self-motivated and detail-minded
- The ability to work both independently and closely with all members of the UNIFE team is a must
- The candidate must be fluent in English (C2 English proficiency level). Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Knowledge of key EU transport/rail issues is an advantage.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.