World Health Organization
As part of the Integrated Help desk, the purpose of the post is to implement integrated planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting systems in the WHO Regional Office for Europe, fostering results-based management through direct support to countries and regional technical divisions for improved programme management and adherence to relevant WHO guidelines and procedures.
- Support and help implement the global and regional planning processes through contributing: to the development of biennial programme budgets, assisting with high level budget costing and analysis; preparation, adaptation and dissemination of planning guidance, ensuring it is understood by staff; support for bottom-up planning, regional consolidation and prioritization; and support for development of regional inputs to the global programme budget under the guidance of the supervisor and according to the established standards. Support and facilitate operational planning in countries and regional divisions: work plan development, salary work plan and human resource plan establishment; workplan review and, compliance checks in connection with the upload and approval of workplans at the start of each biennium. Prepare hands-on guidance and other training materials for operational planning to ensure quality control and reduce risk.
- Conduct monthly monitoring exercises using WHO’s ERP system, including monitoring of Programme Budget allocations, planned costs, donor and resource plans, resource allocations and award management, technical reporting completeness and compliance, reconciliation of salary expenses; monitoring of human resource plans and salary workplans for correctness; action on any deviations or inconsistencies; and consolidation of data in user-friendly format. Coordinate timely regional response to payroll reconciliation. Conduct award and workplan budget management by processing award distribution requests, workplan funding requests and award budgeting, including quality assurance of award data and funding gaps.
- Provide workplan management monitoring and support to programmes/units, including dissemination and advice on approved operating procedures; preparation of guidelines and training materials; organization and conduct of training and ad hoc clinics / briefings; ensuring data on staff assignments is correctly recorded; provision of individual support for workplan management; and support to divisions and country offices for quality assurance. Support and facilitate global and regional performance assessment, including organization-wide reviews (mid-term, end-of-biennium, etc.) and regional technical and peer reviews by providing relevant data, analytical support and documentation.
- Support resource planning through provision of advice on the resource planning exercise as per agreed guidelines; ensure completeness, data quality and reliability of the plans. Ongoing monitoring and analysis of resource plans, including appropriate follow-up with technical units/country offices. Implement senior management decisions regarding the allocation of corporate resources by consolidation and review of monthly allocation requests, preparing award distribution requests and general ledger vouchers for budget allocation, general ledger reconciliation to holding accounts, workplan funding requests and establishment of award budgets.
- Assist supervisor in periodic analysis and reports for senior management, including budget implementation, highlighting issues of concern. Analyse EURO budget implementation data in the global organizational context and provide background information and support as required. Undertake comprehensive planning, resourcing overviews and statistics; provide support for relevant managerial and programmatic meetings.
- Prepare and conduct training and briefing sessions to help ensure that results-based management principles and reporting systems are understood and applied. Develop and update guidelines and training material for dissemination. Provide helpdesk support and guidance to regional office and country staff in the areas of planning, work plan management and resource management as per established guidelines.
- Participate in and contribute to global planning/budget network meetings. As regular user of the programme management module of WHO ERP system, identify and propose to the supervisor improvements to meet operational requirements including participation in User Acceptance Testing and design of business intelligence reports; maintain databases with up-to-date information on clearance of requests related to budget and staffing as well as training and briefings.
- Provide support to resource mobilization activities, specifically by preparing data and undertaking preliminary analysis of funding gaps and programmatic implementation for the attention of the supervisor.
- Support implementation of WHO’s programmatic reform activities in the areas of programme and resource management: bottom-up strategic planning to align country priorities and corporate results, programmatic evaluation, and performance assessment.
- Support audit responses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of programme planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent computer skills: ERP as well as standard software, language and communication skills.
- Proven understanding of WHO and/or UN policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
- Expert knowledge of English
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Assistant Professor in Human Resource ManagementDurham UniversityDurhamDurham
Werkstudent im Bereich (non) SAP Application Managment – Logistics/Procurement (m/w/d)RheinmetallDüsseldorf, Nordrhein-WestfalenDüsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Director of Monitoring Evaluation and LearningGreen Climate FundIncheon, South KoreaIncheon, South Korea
National Consultant for Technical Support to Develop Early Warning Systems in Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria (Remote)-5 monthsUNICEF GlobalNigeriaNigeria