Technical Consulting Director, Archaeology page is loaded Technical Consulting Director, Archaeology Apply locations Sacramento, California time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R00020243
ERM is seeking highly motivated Technical Director, Archaeology/Cultural Heritage to join our global consulting firm as part of our Impact Assessment and Planning (IAP) team as well as our North America Cultural Heritage team to share best practices across the industry. We are seeking staff located in California.
The positions are full-time, salary-based. Ideal applicants shall be familiar with California and West Coast regulatory processes, and have technical expertise leading environmental permitting, CEQA, NEPA, and large-scale capital projects. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the projects and clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a director-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a global environmental leader. As a Technical Director, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on a range of Cultural Heritage projects while helping grow our teams nationally.
- Program management and leadership in support of key energy-sector clients in California
- Conduct research and writing for cultural resource heritage components of CEQA, NHPA Section 106, and NEPA documents for projects for private sector clients.
- Oversee a team performing literature review, field reconnaissance, field surveys, and excavation for archaeological studies and projects.
- Interact with the state and federal regulators and retrieve information using regional databases
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM’s business and client base in the area of archaeology and cultural heritage.
- Interact with other ERM practice areas to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the country.
- Represent ERM through communications and at meetings with state, federal and local agencies.
- Communicate regularly with clients via email and phone conferences.
- Oversee and manage subcontractors.
- Assist with preparing proposals to meet client needs.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of the technical team.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the IAP Cultural Resource market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development). Work with other ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- Support the general growth and development of ERM’s international IAP technical community. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute impact assessment projects. Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Anthropology or related field.
- Must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Standards for Archaeology to perform duties for NHPA Section 106 and NEPA compliance, pertaining especially to undertakings by multiple Federal agencies.
- Member of the Register of Professional Archaeologist (RPA)
- Min 10+ years of related experience.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and demonstrated authorship
- Solid grasp of key impact assessment and management issues within the Power/Renewables sector, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
- Must have strong attention to detail in documentation of work.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agency personnel preferred.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated business development abilities and the ability to maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Ability to manage and work within a team as well as independently.
- Limited travel western United States.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Technical Consulting Director, Archaeology
position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $123,804 – $137,010. An employee’s pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee’s fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job may be eligible for bonus pay (casual and fixed term/flex force employees are NOT bonus eligible).
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life & disability insurance to benefits eligible* employees.
*Benefits Eligibility is limited to Regular employees regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Fixed-Term employees (including flex force) who are regularly scheduled to work 20 hours a week or more are eligible for a limited benefits package. Casual employees are NOT benefits eligible. See your recruiter for more details.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, determinable, and payable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
At ERM, sustainability is our business.
We are the world’s largest advisory firm focused solely on sustainability, offering unparalleled expertise across business and finance.
ERM partners with clients to operationalize sustainability at pace and scale, through our unique combination of strategic transformation and technical delivery capabilities.
Our diverse global team of experts works with the world’s leading organizations to help them set clear sustainability targets, measure progress and operationalize strategy through deep implementation and business transformation.
With more than 50 years of experience, our ability to integrate sustainability solutions and our depth and breadth of technical knowledge are why organizations choose to partner with us as their trusted advisor.
Every one of us firmly believes in the potential to create value for our clients through an integrated approach to sustainability (because we have personally seen it and professionally achieved it).
Our team members are passionate about client service. We work closely with our clients to help them operationalize their sustainability goals and meet their environmental, health and safety objectives while advancing ERM’s purpose through delivering tangible progress in what the United Nations coined The Decade of Action.
Organizing our people across globally integrated communities of technical and strategic talent positions ERM to be a “boots to boardroom” leader in bringing that value creation to our clients, partners, and the world.
We recruit exceptional professionals with a personal and professional passion for sustainability and nurture them to even greater success as specialists. We prepare our consultants to bring integrated, innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients and provide opportunities for ongoing development across a variety of subject areas related to technical, business, and personal growth.
At ERM, effort pays off and becomes career defining work that leaves a positive imprint on our planet.
#J-18808-Ljbffr #J-18808-Ljbffr #J-18808-Ljbffr
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.