International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) was founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. Our vision is Solidarity in Action, and we aim to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. In Norway, we have around 14000 members, and in total 2500 employees working in more than 30 countries around the world. NPA’s core areas are International Development, Humanitarian Mine Action and Disarmament, First Aid and Rescue Services and International Solidarity, Anti-Racism & Inclusion. In all our interventions, we continuously work to reduce our climate- and environmental impact.
Wars and armed conflicts come to an end; however, the remnants of war continue to impact millions of people for decades to follow. Mine Action and Disarmament’s vision is a world where people and communities are safe, resilient and protected before, during and after armed conflict. Together with national authorities and other stakeholders, we are working to resolve problems faced by local communities caused by Explosive Ordnance (EO). Currently, NPA has more than 20 Mine Action Programmes ongoing in Africa, Asia, Latin America, South East Europe and the Middle East.
Do you want to join our professional and committed global team in our mission to protect civilians?
We are looking for Technical Field Managers (TFMs) to join NPA’s dynamic Mine Action and Disarmament programme in Iraq. You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the delivery for the clearance and removal of explosive items along with capacity development of local national staff. The TFMs are responsible for the co-ordination of internal and external activities with local and national authorities, requiring a high degree of diplomacy and cultural awareness. The operational environment for the TFM positions includes improvised landmines, building clearance, mechanical operations, CMRS/CMR and legacy UXO/AXO/landmine contamination.
Location: Iraq, with possible locations being Ramadi, Haditha, Ana, Basra or Muthanna.
- An exciting opportunity to be a role model and mentor, and make an impact on the standards and quality of mine action activities in Iraq.
- A comprehensive salary package including country specific allowances and insurance scheme.
- Five weeks’ annual holiday plus one additional week off for expats.
- Three international flights home per contract year.
- R&R scheme.
Please note that we offer a one-year contract* with the possibility of renewal. The salary and allowances are subject to income tax according to NPA’s Tax Policy. The working conditions, including annual leave, follow the Norwegian Working Environment Act.
- Proven ability to develop and manage multiple teams in survey of improvised mines, cluster munitions, and other ERW, including motivating and leading a team.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of IMAS and the land release principles in a Humanitarian Mine Action programme.
- IMAS EOD level 2 or equivalent military qualification.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and good numeracy and IT skills.
- Experience in mechanical operations is an advantage.
- For TFM positions in improvised landmine context, IEDD and high risk search is an advantage.
- For TFM positions in Cluster Munition Remnants context, CMR experience is an advantage.
- Humanitarian Mine Action experience and Land Release Experience are advantages.
- Managerial experience is an advantage.
What you will do
- On behalf of the STFM, supervise and lead the local national operational staff in the area of responsibility.
- Assist the STFM to develop the annual project operational plan, ensuring the achievement of donor set targets, whilst maintaining the quality management of survey and clearance operations in accordance with SOPs and IMAS/NMAS.
- Provide technical information and advice for the development and update of operational SOPs and maintain operational accreditation.
- Contribute to methodology and capacity development plans and act as a role model in the delivery of operational outputs, training, survey (NTS/TS), clearance and impact assessments for local national staff.
- Oversee and maintain the standard of operational reporting.
- Maintain an effective and functional operations technical and planning reporting system.
- Represent the STFM at the Project level in the operational area of responsibility.
- Promote NPA and its standards at relevant meetings and events.
- Liaise with local authorities for operational, logistic and administrative purposes.
Instructions for applying
Please apply by the 27th of January 2023.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. When you apply for a job in Norwegian People’s Aid, you will be treated objectively. We focus on diversity and inclusion, and strive to minimize any potential biases throughout our recruitment processes.
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position, you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
*Validity of the offer and contract depends on satisfactory medical certificate, full vaccination, valid travel visa and necessary permits for service and residency in the country of service. The offer and contract also depend on donor funding and might be subject to donor approval.
HR Senior Advisor
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.