Texas A&M University
Job TitleTechnical Writer I
Texas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
The Technical Writer, under general supervision, reviews and edits materials for proper use of terminology, style, direction, content, grammar, diction, punctuation, and clarity. Designs and produces graphic elements for publications, displays, or similar projects.
- Formats, edits, and proofs training manuals and other associated training materials.
- Creates and revises instructional visual aid materials.
- Conducts interviews with subject matter experts, instructors, and instructional designers to ensure accuracy, validity, and purpose of training manual content.
- Serves as a team member on instructional development projects and reviews. Maintains and archive electronic files on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of classroom based and online training courses and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or other applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of editing guidelines and standards.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents and handbooks.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.