University of California, Irvine
Updated: Jan 6, 2023
Department: Temporary Employment Services
Job Opening ID: 47573
Reports To: UCI Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department Manager
Working Title: Temporary Admitting Worker
Department: UCI Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department
Bargaining Unit: EX
Job Code: 009033
Job Location: UCI Campus – Irvine, UCI Medical Center – Orange
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F (Schedule may vary)
Employee Class: Floater
This job posting is for job seekers that are interested in temporary Medical Front Office and Admitting Worker positions.
UCI Temporary Employment Services (TES) continuously seeks applicants that are interested and available to work in Medical Front Office/Admitting Worker roles on temporary assignments at the UC Irvine campus in Irvine, the UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange and UCI satellite clinics. We recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates.
DUTIES FOR ADMITTING WORKERS ASSIGNMENTS
- Interviewing patients for admission to UCI medical facilities
- Determining eligibility and assigning pay rates for patients accepted for care in the hospitals and clinics
- Making financial arrangements for hospital and clinic patients
- Insurance verifications
- Maintaining medical records
In addition to the salary range listed below, we offer a wealth of benefits to make working at UCI even more rewarding. Temporary employees may be eligible for partial benefits based on full-time, 100% appointment and is subject to collective bargaining agreements. These benefits may include medical insurance, sick and vacation time, retirement savings plans, and access to a number of discounts and perks. Please utilize the link listed here to learn more about our benefits .
Minimum $20.85 hourly Mid Point $22.99 Maximum $25.87
- One year of general clerical experience or completion of vocational training in the medical front office field
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Data entry experience
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Experience working in customer service environments
- Experience working in a medical setting for one year or more
- Experience utilizing EPIC EMR system
- Knowledge of healthcare insurances
- Billing and collecting experience
Please attach your resume.
- This is a temporary employment recruitment reporting to the UCI Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department
- Interviewing and hiring is based on internal hiring needs and how well the candidate matches the requirements, and is a fit to the assignment
- TES is constantly seeking applicants although there may not be the immediate need to interview or hire
- Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
- Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in employment with UCI Temporary Employment Services
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
- Background Check and Live Scan
- Legal Right to Work in the United States
- Vaccination Policies
- Smoking and Tobacco Policy
- Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
- California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
- Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
Details of each policy may be reviewed by visiting the following page: https://hr.uci.edu/new-hire/conditions-of-employment.php
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact UCI’s Employee Experience Center (EEC) at [email protected] or at (949) 824-0500, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
+1 on Google
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Apply for this Job
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.