Steppingstone Foundation Inc
Description: Position Title: Temporary Data & Evaluation Associate
Reports to: Data and Evaluation Specialist
Steppingstone prepares students from marginalized communities to access, navigate, and graduate from college through two initiatives, the Steppingstone Scholars Program and the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA). The Steppingstone Scholars Program is a direct-service program in Boston that provides academic, social-emotional, and college-readiness services to students, called Scholars, beginning as early as fifth grade and continuing all the way through college graduation. The Steppingstone Scholars Program consists of five components: Admissions, the Academy, Middle School Success, High School Success, and College Success. NPEA connects the people, practices, and innovations for eliminating barriers to educational access, and college and career success for historically marginalized students.
The Data & Evaluation Associate is a temporary member of the Data and Evaluation team and will work closely with the Data and Evaluation to help implement a successful transition from our legacy CRM to Salesforce.
This position is for 20 hours per week, with some flexibility around work hours (preferably two to three days per week) with eligibility for fully remote work. Preference given to candidates residing in the Eastern time zone (EST). Laptops are provided to each employee to enhance the remote work experience.
Dates of Employment: November through end of January; Possibility of extension
Hourly Rate: $25/hr
- Clean and manipulate large data sets in excel/google sheets using functions such as vlookup, concatenate, and if statements.
- Data entry as needed
- Potentially create reusable functions and/or macros in excel/google sheets
- Potentially use SQL to join cleaned spreadsheets
Requirements: Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to educational and racial equity in college access and success
- Expert skills in Excel and Google Sheets (vlookup, conditional formatting, if statements, etc.)
- Knowledge of data cleaning and governance practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Preference given to candidates with experience in Salesforce and SQL
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or related field
- Relevant coursework or professional experience working with quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Best suited for graduate students and working professionals
Please input your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you learned about this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Steppingstone Core ValuesPower of One
- We honor every voice and believe we are strongest when we work together.
- We recognize, respect, and nurture the fullness and complexity of each member of our community.
- We believe in the power of belonging and seek to create a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Walk the Walk
- We partner with every Scholar and family, supporting them holistically throughout their own educational journey.
- We work with clear and measurable purpose, using data to drive collective decision-making and challenge assumptions.
- We create spaces for difficult conversations to transform our thinking and move us forward.
- We strive to operate as an anti-racist organization and commit to continuous learning and action in the service of this goal.
- We provide opportunities for everyone in our community to flourish and reach their full potential.
- We make time for reflection, learn from past experiences, and take initiative in response to changing needs and new ideas.
The Steppingstone Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap, as defined by law.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $25.00 per hour
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.