Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has?a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.???
The Temporary Employee will support the Director of Field Operations and Field Operations team by supporting project field and HQ management teams in operational management systems and processes, from capture to project close-out. This includes contributing to business development efforts, supporting the operational needs of assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle, conducting management systems reviews (MSRs) and supporting the development of Field Operations’ quality management system (QMS) resources. Up to 20% travel may be required.
Reporting and Supervision:?
The Temporary Employee reports to Sr. Field Operations Manager.
- Lead and guide the start-up and close-out of new projects and Creative operations as required, including establishing/closing field offices and operational systems in accordance with Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular communication and dotted line reporting with field-based operations staff.
- Work with project teams to resolve ad hoc project management, implementation, and operations issues as they arise, serving as the project’s business enabler and “roadblock remover.”
- Work with project teams and HQ departmental points of contact to review SharePoint and hardcopy filing systems for completeness.
- Work with project teams to collect information for vehicle and inventory insurance renewals, filing of claims and/or additions, as necessary.
- Support business development efforts in the collection of operational capture data, development of start-up recruitment plans, and review of organization charts and budgets.
- Support the Operations Community of Practice in collaboration with the Field Operations team.
- Lead project operational performance reviews (including 90 Day Start-up Reviews, Management Systems Reviews, and/or After Action Close-out reviews), identify project management, implementation, and/or operations challenges, and propose efficient solutions for resolving those challenges.
- Support revision and documentation of Field Operations policies and procedures, work instructions, templates, and training resources to ensure processes are consistent and standardized across all Creative projects using the QMS approach.
- Deliver capacity-building training programs for HQ and project staff as required to ensure an in-depth understanding and adherence to operational processes and procedures.
- Support development and review of operations training material resources.
- Travel to the field as required to provide operational support, conduct MSRs, and/or participate in strategic meetings and events.
- Serve on special projects as needed; and
- Provide additional support to the Global Operations Division and other parts of the organization as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:?
- At least 5 years relevant work experience with advanced subject Matter expertise in operations, procurement, grants, project management or related area in the context of international development, stabilization or humanitarian assistance.
- Field-based work experience in Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, Middle East, Central or South Asia.
- Experience developing and delivering training materials.
- Experience travelling overseas to start-up/close-out USG or donor-funded projects.
- Ability to proactively manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience conducting operational assessments and research for new business opportunities, project offices or program expansion.
- Language proficiency in English with French, Spanish, or Arabic strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of USG rules and regulations such as AIDAR, FAR, ADS, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel to complex, non-permissive, and/or hardship environments on short notice.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.#LI-IB1
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.