University of Kansas
CED-KS Fire & Rescue Training
This position is responsible for test site coordination, management, and oversight within the Certification Program of Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute. This position will oversee on-site certification testing activities of the Certification Program such as scheduling of evaluators, facilitating certification exams and practical skill evaluations, and implementation of policies and procedures. Coordinators are scheduled at the direction of the Certification Manager.
The Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute is a unit of KU Lifelong and Professional Education housed on the Lawrence campus. The Institute was created by the Kansas legislature to train Kansas firefighters in 1949. The Institute serves fire departments and firefighters through a “traveling instruction service” that provides 500 training events per year potentially reaching every community and every county in Kansas.
The mission of Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute is to provide accessible, comprehensive training and credentialing for fire and emergency response personnel to promote health and safety in Kansas communities.
60%- Certification Test Site Management
- Manage KFRTI Certification Testing sites, including Evaluators.
- Ensure certification evaluation guidelines and criteria are followed.
- Administer assessments and examinations safely and ensure the testing process is objective, fair, and errors are minimized.
- Adhere to evaluation guidelines to safeguard the integrity and credibility of KFRTI and the certification process.
- Return completed assessment resources and documentation to KFRTI.
- Attend Quarterly Coordinator Meetings.
- Represent KFRTI and KU in all functions of this job in a professional, respectful, and customer-friendly manner.
- Understand and adhere to accreditation requirements regarding test security.
30%- Coordinate with Evaluators
- Schedule and manage evaluators working at test site.
- Assist with identification and orientation of new evaluators.
- Coordinate test site logistics with evaluators.
- Contact Evaluators for logistical needs.
- Keeps Evaluators apprised of details as needed.
- Confirm test site schedules for individual classes assigned by KFRTI with assigned Evaluators.
10%- Other Duties
- Due to the limited staff, all personnel must perform a variety of duties that may fall outside of their position description. This position will also be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Director or his/her designee.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin on Thursday, February 9, 2023 and be an ongoing process as candidates will be hired as needed.
Please send all certifications pertaining to the required and preferred qualifications of the position to [email protected] .
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
As needed; will be determined between candidate and supervisor.
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, [email protected], Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.