Joju Solar are independent experts in solar energy, battery storage and electric vehicle
charging. Over the past 17 years we’ve designed and installed thousands of systems across the UK;
for councils, universities, businesses and homeowners.
Whether pioneering community-funded solar or exploring the benefits of batteries, we have
always been driven by a real commitment to the big picture: To build a future powered by the
sun, where the energy we need comes without pollution and conflict.
We are looking for a trainee roofer or labourer to install solar panels in our growing
residential and commercial teams. The role is purely on the roofing side of the installation
process, with the electrical connections handled separately.
Whether you have previously worked in construction or are looking to switch to a more practical
job, this may be of interest to you.
We are looking for someone based in Oxford to work with our existing teams.
Due to the energy and climate crisis, solar panel installation work is booming at the moment. There is lots of potential for career advancement in this role. The ideal candidate will have the ambition to go onto lead their own installation teams. This role is very much
on the front line of the UK’s switch to renewable energy. Now is your chance to get trained up and make a difference.
- 22 days holidays plus bank holidays (and an additional day per year up to max 3)
- Company vehicle and fuel card provided
- Transport, specialist tools and access equipment will be provided by Joju
If this sounds interesting and you are up for a challenge, please send your CV.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced driver with a UK driving licence
- Willing to work on roofs (scaffold will always be provided)
- Likes working outdoors
- Great with colleagues and customers
- Ability to follow installation instructions
- Willing to adapt to new installation methods
- Interest in renewable energy and sustainability
- Willing to work away, we’ll cover hotel and expenses
- Roofing experience
- Worked in solar already
- Volunteered in environmental sector
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.