Stony Brook University
Transport Supervisor – Evening Shift – Includes Weekend Hours
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Transport Supervisor is r esponsible for the Supervision of Distribution Services staff, dispatching of transport requests using the Capacity Management program. They s upervise and counsel staff to ensure that Distribution Services staff are in c ompliance with all departmental University/Hospital policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and organization skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of the Transport Supervisor may include the following but are not limited to:
- Dispatch all patient and equipment requests for all Clinical and non-Clinical departments within the hospital. Follow-up with Transporter and provide feedback on Quality Measures to ensure Transports are completed in a professional and efficient manner. Answer Department telephone and provide feedback to caller about delays and obstacles in patient and equipment deliveries.
- Supervise and Counsel staff as needed.
- Complete Staff Schedules and Timesheets are required.
Track all Fix as Fail equipment repairs utilizing MS Excel completed by the contracted vendor and verify correct and timely completion of repair ticket.
Daily tracking of Patient Belongings and service issues, purge older belongings and maintain MS Access Database.
Issue staff uniforms and maintain inventory as needed.
Collaborate on Department Policies and Procedures for the safe and efficient patient transport, equipment delivery and Recycling department.
Run and Print necessary Capacity Management Reports are needed, export data into MS Excel Spreadsheet and report to Department Manager department performance indicators and plans for improvement
Required Qualifications:·Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of hospital and/or patient setting experience or, in lieu of degree, at least 5 years of Transport Services experience and at least 1 year of supervisory experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: 3 or more years experience in a large hospital facility.
Special Notes : Resume/CV should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview : This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 4 panel drug screen*
- Meet Regulatory Requirements for pre employment screenings.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here .
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
: Patient Transport
: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Transport Services
:Evening Shift Shift Hours: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM Pass Days: Every Other Weekend, Variable
Posting Start Date
: Jan 5, 2023
Posting End Date
: Apr 5, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
Salary:$51,101 (includes annual, location, shift, and inconvenience pay) ** Salary is an estimate of the average salary for title. Final offer will be contingent on the candidate being selected for the role and applicable experience.
SBU Area:Stony Brook University Hospital
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.