Actively contribute to an inclusive, high-quality educational program. Build positive and respectful relationships with children, families, staff and the local community.
We are seeking casual Educators for our Vacation Care program at Waratah Cottage operating at Macquarie University. Vacation Care runs during the school holidays.
Reporting to the coordinator, you will be an advocate for children, believe in quality education and the value of relationships, and be willing to collaborate with the university community. In return you will enjoy competitive pay plus other benefits including:
- Access to our staff wellbeing program, staff support services, & employee flu shot program
- 25% discount at Campus Life outlets on campus
- Contribute to the educational program, including developmental records
- Interact appropriately with children, considering their individual needs and developmental levels
- Maintain a positive and ethical relationships with children, families, and staff
- Work positively, respectfully, and collaboratively with a large, diverse team
- Be aware of the Framework for School Aged Children and actively assist the centre team to Meet (at a minimum) the National Quality Standards
- Set up and pack away the physical environment, creating inviting spaces that are developmentally appropriate and engage and interest children
- Support and contribute to all diversity, equity, and inclusion activities
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and continuous improvement
- Follow approved policies and procedures to help keep children safe (child protection, supervision, health and wellbeing)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Working with Children check
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- You share our organisational values of Courage, Agility, Rigour, Empowerment and Support (CARES) and commit to these being visible in your actions and words
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- ACECQA approved Certificate III or diploma in early childhood education
- Approved First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification
- Previous experience working with primary school aged children
U@MQ Ltd is a controlled entity of Macquarie University known as Campus Life. Located at Macquarie University’s Wallumattagal Campus, North Ryde, Campus Life has three purpose built early learning centres providing high quality education to children from six weeks of age. Our play-based educational programs are based around:
- Supporting and encouraging a love for learning that involves curiosity, creativity, and innovation
- Connecting with others, oneself, and the environment
- Supporting each child’s dispositions for learning
- Supporting children’s wellbeing
- Celebrating and sharing the importance of childhood as a unique and valuable time
We have access to university spaces and facilities to support and enhance our programs and collaborate regularly with the University’s community, including the School of Education.
We are committed to our people; we embrace diversity and welcome our people just as they are and prioritise professional development. At Campus Life you will benefit from being part of a dynamic and committed team. The successful candidate will share our organisational values of Courage, Agility, Rigour, Empowerment and Support (CARES) and commit to these being visible in their actions and words.
HOW TO APPLY
If being part of an inclusive, vibrant, team orientated organisation is something you are passionate about we encourage you to apply.
General enquiries should be directed to Sarah Lee on 9850-4680
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter that tells us how you meet the Key Responsibilities and Skills & Experience listed above. Applications are reviewed on receipt so please apply as soon as possible to be considered for the role.
If you need any support or reasonable adjustments through this recruitment process, please let us know so we can provide the support you need.
If you’re already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you’ll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
20/11/2023 11:59 PM
Diversity and Inclusion
Innovation and ingenuity thrive at Macquarie University when diversity, equity and inclusion take centre stage. At the University, we embrace a culture where diversity of background, experience and perspective are fundamental to our success.
We do not discriminate on gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion. See our journey towards leadership in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education.
At Macquarie, we believe by providing flexibility in when, where and how work is done, we can support our staff to manage their personal commitments, while optimising their work performance and contributions to the University. See how we lead in flexible work to enable an outcome focused and inclusive workplace. To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.