Sitting in our Crisis Response team, this role will develop timely, hard-hitting communications content for digital campaigns that drives human rights impact, developing raw materials into evocative and compelling video and digital storytelling engaging a diverse range of audiences online and on mobile.
The role requires an understanding of current affairs, campaigning, international advocacy and the fast-paced dynamics of breaking and ongoing armed conflicts and crises.
We are looking for an experienced content producer who has worked in a fast-paced environment with a strong background in Current Affairs and social media.
The successful candidate will have experience in writing, video editing, fact-checking, and copyrighting. The candidate must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Craft a range of videos and other visual/creative outputs which presents Amnesty International’s Crisis Response research findings, helping us achieve our campaigning and advocacy objectives and position us within the wider media, advocacy and public debate on some of the biggest stories related to human rights violations in armed conflicts and crises.
- Work closely with colleagues across the department globally to make the most of research and campaigning opportunities. Ensuring strong presentation of AI’s Crisis Response content on Amnesty.org and other related web sites, with a particular eye to incorporating multimedia content.
- Key deliverables will include production/editing of videos for distribution on social media and websites as well as the creation of social media graphics and assets. Formats will include promotional social videos, news/reactive videos, explainer videos, B-roll, video newsletters as well as other forms of visual storytelling such as photo galleries.
- Lead on developing video and other multimedia concepts, proposals and scripts in close collaboration with colleagues across the Crisis Response Programme, as well as AI’s News & Media, Creative and Digital Engagement teams. Initiate and develop new content ideas, aiming for creativity/innovation in the way Amnesty can add value to news and campaign narratives on armed conflicts and crises.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of developing and delivering innovative digital content for international organizations, for use across multiple digital channels, languages, territories and time zones, with a solid understanding of different audience profiles and needs.
- A technical knowledge of shooting, lighting, sound recording, and interviewing.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and written journalistic communications skills with experience of multiple stakeholder management.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Media and Mass Communication OfficerUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationIslamabad, PakistanIslamabad, Pakistan
EGG2-RFQ-Rehabilitation of Multimedia/Reading RoomUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
End of Project Evaluation for children and youth project in Nairobi, KenyaHorizont3000KenyaKenya
Re-Advertising Livelihoods and Youth Empowerment Technical AdvisorSave the Children International[Erbil,Iraq ][Erbil,Iraq ]