International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Requisition ID: req32004
Job Title: Video Editor
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 73,896.00 – 95,000.00 Salary
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people affected by humanitarian crises to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. We deliver lasting impact by providing health care, helping children learn, and empowering individuals and communities to become self-reliant, always with a focus on the outstanding needs of women and girls. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, we now work in over 40 crisis- affected countries as well as communities throughout Europe and the Americas.
Marketing & Mobilization (M&M), a part of External Relations (ER), is a diverse team, leading all aspects of and implementing communications and marketing, building the IRC’s global profile and brand, growing private revenue from deeper donor engagement and partnerships, and influencing our target audiences. In alignment with our Strategy100 commitments, M&M has launched ambitious multi-year campaigns that raise funding, profile and influence and will improve our share of voice and resonance in key geographies and globally.
The Content and Creative team consists of award-winning creative specialists and idea partners, developing powerful communications and experiences to engage audiences and deliver on ER goals and objectives. Using creative mediums such as visual design, video, stunts, events, and storytelling, they tap into the expertise and talents of colleagues across the organization.
The Video Editor is able to weave imagery, footage, and audio into a compelling and engaging story about the IRC’s response to emergencies and crises and the people who are impacted. The team is looking for someone who has demonstrated abilities in cinematography, is forward-thinking, innovative, and has a strong portfolio. This role will require strategic storytelling solutions and delivery of exceptional editing content to support campaign initiatives that appeal to diverse audiences.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Content, collaborating with the Senior Producer of Content & Strategy, Video Producer, Multimedia Producer, and freelancers on shooting, editing, and delivering content that will be used for major integrated priorities and campaigns for all marketing efforts and audience segments.
● Involved in all stages of film production, the editor brainstorms and develops video solutions, pitches concepts, builds storyboards, addresses feedback and collaborates with internal partners and the wider Content & Creative studio team to deliver the most compelling stories
● Edits, optimizes shot lists, writes scripts, creates motion graphics, color corrects, audio mixes, music direction, and versioning
● Maintains and adds to roster of vendor talent, including videographers, editors, sound engineers, graphic artists, narrators, translators, transcription services, musicians, colorists, coordinating with the content team
● Leads in storage and organization of all video content, backups, and gear updates/repairs/rentals meet, as well as procurement of new equipment meet standards, in collaboration with the Video Producer and Multimedia Producer
● Catalogs and maintains the video archive, processing of new content, addressing footage requests, ensuring secure back ups
● Ensure videos meet brand guidelines
● Provide editorial guidance in pre-shoot meetings, on site or set, and in post-production
● Stays on top of industry trends
● 3-5 years relevant work experience
● Portfolio of work, including short-form social media videos, long-form documentary style, commercials, and/or fundraising appeals, etc.
● Use a variety of technical skills and software to complete production, including Final Cut Pro Adobe Premiere, and After Effects
● Expertise in sound design, color correction/grading, video quality enhancement, and/or graphics/animation
● A problem solver who’s able to navigate complexity and ambiguity to get to the heart of and cultivate a great story
● Experience operating professional video equipment, sound equipment, & lights
● Experience leading projects and collaborating with multiple internal and external partners.
● Ability to take direction and work independently to bring the vision and story to life
● Ability to balance multiple projects on deadlines
● Current and valid passport/ability to travel domestically and abroad
● Strong attention to detail while balancing multiple projects simultaneously
● Proficient in non-fiction writing/journalism
● Excellent interpersonal skills!
● New York based but working in a hybrid environment with the option of remote work a few days a week. Needs to be available to work occasionally on a EST US time zone.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.