View Vacancy – Electrician AA (11/22 DKR)
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
To carry out electrical installation, inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments; maintain and repair fire, alarm, test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency to BS7671:2008
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Inspect, maintain, and repair electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment.
- Carry out electrical work in residential and office buildings, including electrical rewires, wiring upgrades (according to Wiring Regulations and FCDO electrical standards), minor repairs and fault finding,
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment
- Carry out periodic inspection, testing, and completing of the necessary test certification in accordance with FCDO Regulations.
- Complete other electrical certification where required.
- Undertake testing of all portable and fixed electrical equipment (PAT Testing).
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality, in a competent manner;
- Ensure compound/residence fire alarms and emergency electrical systems are operational and perform certification testing on alarm system.
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Supervise maintenance of stand by generators and keep records on a log book.
- Assist Estates manager to order supplies of electrical materials.
- Liaise with the Electric Power Company as required
- Monitors work done by third party contractors in accordance with FCDO requirements and report back to line manager/ Regional Technical Work Supervisor.
- Liaise with colleagues and contractors as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed terms/timeframe.
- Carry out any other tasks given by the line manager.
- Baccalaureate level with a Certificate in Electricity
- At least 3 years proven working experience
- Work without close supervision, but a good team player
- Use of IT – Microsoft apps
The successful candidate should hold a relevant qualification in Electricity and be willing to obtain further qualifications as necessary.
- Valid Senegalese driving license
- Experience in a building service, hospitality or Facilities Management environment
- Experience of basic administrative work
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
4 October 2022
Administrative Assistant (AA)
Fixed Term, Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
XOF 557,399 plus Transport Allowance XOF 20,800
1 November 2022
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The successful applicant will have access to a range of learning and development opportunities both in-house and e-learning, with the potential for overseas training.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Senegal with the correct visa/status or work permit.
The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Senegal law to work in Senegal.
The British Embassy in Dakar is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Dakar is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Senegalese employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.
To apply please copy and paste this link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/1/adv/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.