We are looking for someone who will provide leadership in visitor experience, ensuring a
world-class experience across RSPB nature reserves for everyone.
The successful candidate will:
Set the expected standards on reserves for visitor experience providing direction to underpin a
high-quality visitor offer and a consistent experience – leading on profitability, exemplary
customer service and infrastructure
Drive implementation of the visitor experience strategy. Working collaboratively with UK
countries, other departments and reserve teams, supporting them in achieving their ambitions
Provide consultancy support to RSPB reserves in shaping the visitor experience and delivering
What you can expect:
- This role will cover North West England & Scotland.
- A supportive, dynamic, and high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who
want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- The chance to lead and get involved in driving visits, creating amazing experiences,
connecting people to nature and making a real difference in ensuring the protection of our
incredible places for wildlife and people.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across all four countries in the UK and get closer to our unique
- Some days you will be based at home or in the office, others you will visit some of the
most beautiful places in the UK.
What we need from you
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience of managing visitor operations, leading visitor experience or visitor
engagement in the visitor attraction, tourism, or leisure sectors.
- Deep understanding of what makes a great visitor experience.
- Good understanding of accessibility and inclusion across visitor operations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of commercial and business acumen to contribute to a positive
outcome for net contribution.
- Experience and knowledge of setting KPI’s to track performance.
- Experience of taking strategy or plans from inception to delivery.
- A creative approach with the ability to challenge, drive improvement and change.
- Effective negotiation skills with teams and colleagues with the ability to collaborate in a
‘one team’ approach.
- Experience of building strong working relationships across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the confidence to present at
different levels of management.
- Solutions focussed and adept at solving problems with a flexible and adaptable approach
working across teams and departments.
This is a full-time position. For further information please contact [email protected]
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and
complete a full application form including evidence of how you meet the skills, knowledge, and
experience listed above
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.