International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.
Overview of Job
Provide leadership to the operational team to ensure continued growth of a profitable and sustainable business in Canada. In particular, to ensure a company-wide commitment to process and continued quality improvement. The role of VP OPS is to lead the charge in improved productivity and efficiency through the use of clearly understood operating procedures, industry best practices, a system of continuous feed-back and technology.
This is a coaching role where leading by example is critical. Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on positive reinforcements are an absolute necessity.
In this role, the VP will provide unwavering commitment to the highest levels of health and safely, quality management, business development, divisional profitability, client support, personnel development, quality assurance, professional leadership, contract management and value creation.
For additional clarity, this role is a key for customer retention and contract renewals. The role needs to ensure that customer is seeing continuous improvement on their operations and these improvements should be documented and presented on quarterly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
P&L responsibility for existing operations.
- Head Count
- General Administration
- Budget and Forecasting
Management & Administration
Manage all sites according to Intl.SOS OHSS Standards and contractual requirements.
Develop and maintain Regional/Site Business Plans covering allocated projects and departments, reporting on progress as required.
Define and streamline processes and systems for the delivery of services within the region to ensure professional and seamless service delivery of contracted services to clients.
Develop, interpret, and implement policies, including standards, procedures and practices, position descriptions, performance appraisals, and quality assurance as appropriate.
Work with clients to ensure their needs and expectations are clearly defined.
Assist in the defining of new products and services when required.
Contractual, Legal and Reporting Requirements
Ensure, in conjunction with the Medical, Fire, EMS and Sales directors, that contract renewals and /or amendments are completed, submitted and actioned in a timely manner in line per Intl.SOS guidelines and contractual and/or legal requirements.
Structure Supply Chain and Procurement services to provide a competitive, responsive, professional and focused service to internal and external clients.
Ensure proper inventory management within the Region, vendor managed inventory vs own
Ensure inventories are stored in a secured location.
Oversee and manage purchasing, ensuring every client purchase order is matched and properly invoiced in a timely fashion.
Negotiate rebate programs with larger vendors
Structure fleet department to provide a competitive, responsive, professional and focused service.
Optimize the fleet cost by looking into: Rental vs lease, Utilization, Redundancy, Cost for repairs (in house vs 3rd party), standardizing fleet, ensuring GPS tracking for safe driving, drivers training, assignment of the fleet (hand over, signoffs)
Assist in ensuring regional activities are delivered to Intl.SOS standards and client requirements.
Ensure that client service level agreements are in place and that actual performance against the agreed service levels are reported to the client on a quarterly basis.
Through interaction with the Finance department, develop and use systems to manage and control financial aspects of the region.
- Excellent planning, conceptual, consulting and communication skills with perceptive and structured analytical ability. Proven experience of understanding and enhancing products and business processes through the application of appropriate technology
- Draws on the expertise of others in the Group to ensure the quality of advice/service given to the customer
- Promotes communication among team members and encourages dialogue that addresses key issues, shares knowledge and work is synchronized.
- Provides an objective and independent perspective and sustains this clarity
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong executive presence;
- Planning and organizing;
- Information collection and management;
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Approachability & Cultural sensitivity;
- Team player.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated Analytical capabilities;
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field preferred
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data bases, applying advanced analytics and data reporting techniques in a large complex environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation and proven working experience as a project administrator would be desirable.
- Solid technical background able to demonstrate past performance in gaining operational efficiencies through leveraging technology.
- Proficient in HTML or SQL reporting, MS Office, MS Project equivalent, MS Excel would be most desirable.
- A good administrator and logistician, with a strong management acumen.
- Excellent organization skills.
- First-rate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Ability to analyse situations and take appropriate action consistent with company policies.
- Strong judgement and comfort escalating or requesting support when required.
- High ethical standard.
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years “for profit” experience in Management and/or Unit management of teams;
- Proven track record in implementing operational processes with demonstrable efficiency gains within a client centric company
- Preferably additional experience of working in the energy, mining and infrastructure segment.
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Edmonton-based position
- Travel regionally (20-30%)
- Short/medium-term stay on location of assignment will be required from time to time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.