DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Activity planning and management
- in cooperation with the project staff, s/he plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
Administrative and financial management
- in collaboration with the Project Administrator/Country administrator s/he plans all expenditures to make. S/he regularly monitors all project expenditures and if there was no dedicated staff, s/he directly manages the accounting and the project cash safe/bank accounts, making use of the instruments made available by the organization. In cooperation with the Project Administrator and in coordination with the Country Administrator s/he prepares the Procurement Plan. S/he ensures the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator and Country administrator s/he ensures the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports – monthly, interim and final – expected by the project. S/he is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the project s/he manages.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator and in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and with the COOPI’s regulation in the country, s/he selects the local staff to be employed in project. S/he coordinates and supervises the work done by all the project staff, in compliance with the organization’s procedures. S/he is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under his/her responsibility.
- S/he is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices. For all goods purchased by the project s/he supervise updates of the inventory list, in cooperation with the Senior Logistic Officer.
- In relation to the project of his/her competence, s/he communicates with the CMU, the local authorities which are competent in the aspects related to the project, the project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines.
New projects’ writing
- S/he cooperates with the program staff, analyzes possible opportunities of project designing and funding and elaborates and prepares necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures, to donors.
- S/he cooperates with the Head of Mission and Program staff to ensure all visibility materials (videos and photos) of the project.
- At least 5 years of previous work experience in the same position or in the WASH Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector;
- Previous experience in conducting assessments
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge in the following fields:
- Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM)
- PHAST, CHAST and CLTS approaches
- Humanitarian principles and Sphere standards
- Covid-19 standards
- Master degree in relevant field;
- General knowledge and willingness to travel to areas of intervention;
- Effective problem-solving and time-management skills required;
- Strong communication skills with a strong ability to work with both community members – especially girls and women – as well as local authorities in a gender sensitive and respectful manner, and ensuring that all community members are represented;
- Positive attitude and team-building skills, ability to effectively mobilize and motivate staff and volunteers;
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.
In requirements please add strong knowledge of MEAL system
- Preferably experience working with many partners or in consortium
- Project management cycle;
- Assessment and reporting;
- Identification of challenges and needs;
- Taking photos and videos when required;
- Promotion of COOPI’s mission and objectives;
- Uphold COOPI code of conduct, and ensure that all the affected population is treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
Send CV and Cover Letter to the email address [email protected] by Tuesday, October 20th, with “[Name and Surname] – Project Manager – COOPI Iraq” as subject of the email. Failure to meet the deadline and/or missing information in the email (subject or attachments) will result in the application being discarded.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to urgency to fill position, applications will be evaluated on ongoing basis. COOPI holds the right to close the vacancy before the deadline”
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.