The Weapon Contamination (WEC) Data Administrator supports the overall management of ICRC WEC related data to support its activities. The Data Administrator also supports the development of IRCS’ capacity to collect, store, analyse and utilize WEC data for programme purposes.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Data base management: Create and update an ICRC customized database and make available dashboards, statistics, maps, charts, tools and data analysis for internal and external use;
- Data entry: Input text based and numerical information from source documents within time limit in the ICRC customized database;
- Archiving and filing Scan documents and print files, store completed work in designated locations;
- Data security: Assist with the management of access rights and protection of data according to relevant guidelines and procedures.
- Data quality: Assist with data control, merging of profiles, data cleansing, cross-check of incoming information, revision of data entry procedures and other relevant documents.
- Support to the field: Assist and participate in the data training organized for the users in different ICRC and Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) offices, respond to questions and requests from the users.
- Data analysis: Prepare and compile lists and statistics, generate reports, develop dashboards and other tools.
- Data analysis: In collaboration with ICRC colleagues, map Mine Action actors in the country and ICRC interlocutors to better support the beneficiaries.
- Assist the WeC Coordinator and WeC Field Manager with any other data related to Mine Action activities or administrative tasks.
- Be responsible for all tasks assigned to the WeC team and conducted on his/her site;
- Coordinate activities with regards to Mine Action Data Management with other agencies or partner organizations working in the area, e.g. INGO’s/UN;
- Lead the development of training programs and the training of the trainers (data administration and data management) for the partner organizations where applicable;
- Bring to attention of the WeC Coordinator any initiative, issue or problem pertaining to the implementation of data administration and data management activities.
- Develop and implement integrated monitoring/mapping and evaluation tools, develop and improve data administration and data management approach and methodology;
- Provide timely, clear and concise reporting in accordance with the established reporting system and formats.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information management, information systems, statistics, social science, international relations or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of experience in information management, information systems, humanitarian affairs, or other related area.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, Kurdish is an asset.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel, knowledge of SQL or Virtual Basic programming languages is an asset.
- Communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Confidentiality: sense of responsibility and discretion
- Good analytical and problem solving (goal-oriented) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Ability to plan his/her activities, meet deadlines.
- Proven experience and capacity to work constructively in teams under considerable pressure.
How to apply
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
- Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).