University of Tasmania
Apply now Job no:499314
Work type:Full time
Categories:Management, Information Technology, Project Management & Support
- Effectively lead and support a talented team to execute complex initiatives
- Generous salary and staff benefits
- Full time ongoing position based in Hobart or Launceston
About the opportunity
As we embrace the digital age, we are seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Web Manager with a passion for innovation and a dedication to shaping a strong digital future for our university with a focus on the university’s web presence. This role offers a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of technology, strategy, and people management to drive transformative change in higher education. The Web Manager – who will be responsible for innovation and future strategy of the website, will be critical in leading the university’s web presence and ensuring it remains at the forefront of digital innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Strong track record in strategy development including the development and execution of a forward-thinking web strategy that aligns with the university’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate innovation leadership efforts to identify and implement cutting-edge digital solutions, such as AI-driven chatbots and immersive content experiences.
- Exceptional leadership to build, lead, and inspire a high-performing team of web developers, designers, content creators, and digital strategists within the immediate team, across the wider department and across the university.
- Expert project manager who demonstrates success in managing large-scale digital projects, including website redesigns, mobile app development, and data analytics initiatives.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement to collaborate closely with university stakeholders, including academic departments, admissions, marketing, IT, and other corporate services areas.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong leadership skills as evidenced through extensive web management, digital strategy, or a related role in a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to organise, plan and undertake web activities and investigations together with the ability to develop solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including the ability to produce and maintain a range of documentation including business process maps and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of web technologies, UX/UI design, content management systems, and digital analytics.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $143,448 comprising base salary within the range of $107,829 to $122,605 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the Role Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Courtney Geritz, Director, Marketing, [email protected] or 03 6324 5499.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description – 499314 – Website Manager.pdf
Applications close Tuesday, 21 November 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:07 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close:21 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.