Food and Agriculture Organization
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme facilitates, coordinates and manages all projects implemented by FAO in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening the Capacity of the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” provides technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Programme Director, the Women and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist reports directly to the Chief Technical Adviser.
The NPP Women and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist will support the promotion of gender equality and youth employment in sustainable agricultural production and rural development.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead collection, analysis of data and information to assess current situation for rural youth and women’s agri-business and entrepreneurship in targeted regions and commodities. Identify strengths, and challenges and support factors. Uses the findings of these analyses support the preparation of knowledge products and information sharing materials.
- Provide guidance to youth and women on agri-business opportunities in rural agriculture domain.
- Identify, assess and promote viable business ideas and opportunities among rural women and youth.
- Identify interested women and youth entrepreneurs, assist them to form groups, and provide them with agri-business orientation, trainings, and technical support.
- Assist with establishment of model feasibility study (ies) for selected opportunities.
- Facilitate the establishment and operation of pilot youth/women small scale agri-business projects and partnerships.
- Provision of business advisory services to entrepreneurs to help improve their skills and knowledge in business and sustainable operation of small scale agri-businesses.
- Provide support in updating, producing and disseminating capacity development materials to enhance the skills of project’s partners to promote agri-business entrepreneurship among rural youth and women.
- Provide technical support to help to selected REEF subsidy clients to establish and operate their identified small scale agri-business projects
- Monitor the execution of the agri-business women and youth projects, document and prepare success stories and disseminate among targeted rural women/youth groups.;
- Provide policy and technical support to MoEWA and other government agencies for the promotion of rural agri-entrepreneurship for agriculture and food systems development.
- Perform any other duty related to the Project.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- University degree in agriculture, agriculture economics, agri-business, business administration, economics or other relevant sciences.
- At least five years of relevant experience in entrepreneurship, and or small scale agri-business, youth and women employment, sustainable agriculture and rural development.
- Level C of the Arabic language and limited knowledge (Level B) of English
- National of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge related to food security and nutrition, agriculture, rural development, and rural poverty and gender, and other social issues
- Extent and relevance of experience in policy analysis, formulation, monitoring and evaluation in the fields of gender equality and social policies.
- Extent and relevance of experience in providing technical support to governments in the formulation and implementation of youth employment and gender-sensitive agriculture, rural development and food security and nutrition policies and programmes
- Extent and relevance of experience in capacity development and organization of awareness raising and training activities
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
MNL – Regional Finance Hub Account Manager, EOHM GovernmentUnited KingdomUnited Kingdom
Provision of Catering Services for UN Women Philippines Project Office for serieUN-WomenPhilippinesPhilippines
National Climate Change SpecialistFood and Agriculture OrganizationYerevan, ArmeniaYerevan, Armenia
Expert-e humanitaireUNDP - United Nations Development ProgrammeAbidjanAbidjan