**Job Overview:**The Youth and Education Manager oversees the strategy, development, implementation, and completion of all grants, contracts and activities related to the Youth and Education department, including in-school tutoring and mentoring, youth workforce programs, and programs aimed at substance abuse intervention and prevention in refugee youth. Responsibilities include supervision of all staff to ensure compliance with program requirements, grant development and management. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
Oversight of Programs:
· Effectively manage the development, implementation, compliance, and closure of all grants and contracts within the department.
· Responsible for the development of grant proposals and reports related to all areas grants and contracts within the department.
· Monitor the provision of services through regular and systematic case file reviews, and quality assurance protocols including data QA to ensure compliance with donor requirements and provision of quality services.
· Oversee department program budget and manage expenses to ensure costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
· Responsible for tracking finances and program budgets, reporting, and grant compliance of programs falling under the scope of Youth and Education; oversee related sub-grants, monitor sub-awardees, and ensure timely and accurate services and reporting.
· Develop and manage a system to track and monitor program efficiency and outcomes, including screening tools. Design client satisfaction surveys, program evaluation and outcome tracking tools. Track data and write programmatic reports.
Staff Supervision and Other Responsibilities
· Work as part of the IRC Sacramento’s overall leadership team to build capacity and strategy for the office; participate in leadership team meetings, staff training, and provide community presentations.
· Work with IRC Sacramento leadership and IRC Technical Advisors to develop, implement, and monitor programs and services that serve the needs of immigrant and refugee youth.
· Manage department team members; formally evaluate team and individual performance to ensure objectives have been met.
· Provide professional development opportunities for staff and ensure internal and external trainings align with staff interests and development areas.
· Recruit and train staff in all aspects of programs responsibilities.
· Oversee the strategic development of partnerships in the community that will enhance and streamline relevant service provision; Maintain current partnerships; Represent IRC in public, professional and governmental forums, advocating for youth needs within the community.
· Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for monthly newsletters, program reports, etc.
· Other duties as Assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Economic Empowerment Manager
Position directly supervises: Youth Staff
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Collaborate closely with other departments where there is overlap in client caseload, including communication withother department managers. Coordinate with Finance, Community Relations and Development teams as needed.
External: Community-based organizations, employers, and workforce agencies.
· Standard office work environment with regular travel throughout the service delivery area.
· Regular travel to school sites is required.
· Offices hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
· Stable Wi-Fi with hybrid model
- University degree (four year, B.A.) required; advanced degree or relevant work experience in related field preferred.
· Minimum four years of experience serving youth or supporting programs for youth or other relevant vulnerable populations including refugees and immigrants.
· Experience with program management including staff management, program development, and monitoring and evaluation required.
· Fundraising and grant writing experience preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
· Strong analytical and training skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing multiple priorities, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Solid diplomacy, relationship building and networking skills; ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships, including community stakeholders and donors.
- Demonstrated success achieving goals and communicating effectively a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a second language desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with MS Office applications, with strong command of Excel
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: