United Nations Population Fund
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA CO Representative and the direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, the incumbent facilitates the implementation of UNFPA’s GBV programme and Youth programme. The incumbent has to ensure synergies and collaboration between different portfolio of humanitarian and development programmes.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in degree in social sciences, human rights, humanitarian / development studies or other related disciplines. University degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience working on gender-based violence, of which 4 are at the international level, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Experience leading inter-agency coordination mechanisms with a wide range of stakeholders. Demonstrable knowledge of the critical components to facilitate effective inter-agency coordination.
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of how GBV manifests in humanitarian settings and ability to describe context-specific prevention and response actions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of humanitarian emergency operations, including the Atlas and Quantum System, and roles/responsibilities of key humanitarian actors.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Suspension System Software EngineerJaguar Land RoverGaydon, WarwickshireGaydon, Warwickshire
IT-Ingenieur als Backend Software Developer CI / CD (w/m/d)KIND GmbH & Co. KGBurgwedel, NiedersachsenBurgwedel, Niedersachsen
Registered General Nurse – Mental Health SettingSanctuary PersonnelWoking, SurreyWoking, Surrey
Estrategias de Comunicación para el 75º Aniversario de Zona Libre de ColónUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere