TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated, and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit, with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past twelve years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
- Able to teach Zumba classes to individuals in different age groups and at different skill levels.
- Excellent physical fitness and knowledge of safe group fitness practices.
- Able to Choreograph routines using Zumba steps and formulas.
- Perform routines so that students can follow the instructor’s lead during classes.
- Observe students during routines to offer advice or guidance on improvement.
- Availability to teach two times a week.
- Timeliness and reliability.
- Able to use dance as a way to help young women with the healing process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work in Kenya; fluency in English and Kiswahili. Language skills in French or local dialects spoken in Somalia, Congo, and South Sudan are a plus.
- No educational Background Requirements.
How to apply
Send your applications to [email protected] indicating the consultancy title in the email subject as “Zumba Instructor” by close of business 10th October 2022. It should include a cover letter and CV. Copies of credentials and other relevant certificates will not be required at this early stage of application but in the next steps. Please note, shortlisting shall be done on a rolling basis. Applications should be addressed to:
HR & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
We appreciate all applications received however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any questions regarding this position will be answered if one is shortlisted for the interview.