Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Redmond, WA
Work Schedule: Full Time: Mon-Friday 8am – 5pm (Hybrid work schedule available)
Compensation: $72,000 – $78,000
Benefits: Full benefits eligible including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, 401k retirement savings plan with employer matching, employee assistance and employee discount programs
Open: January 2023
Closes: When filled
Since 1971, Hopelink has served homeless and low-income families, children, seniors, and people with disabilities in the north and east King County, WA. With service centers in Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline and Sno-Valley (Carnation), we are the largest nonprofit organization in the area. Hopelink programs and services focus on five key areas: food, financial assistance, housing & family development, adult education & employment, and transportation/mobility. Programs are aimed at helping people achieve stability and helping them gain the skills and knowledge they need to exit poverty for good.
The Accounting Manager helps set the vision, direction, and culture of Hopelink’s Accounting Team and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Team under the supervision, direction, and oversight of the Controller. The Accounting Manager is a critical role; they encourage independent problem solving and a sense of ownership from others for the success of the Accounting Team. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills and an accountability mindset.
(Note: Any one position may not include all functions nor do the listed functions include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Oversees day-to-day Accounting Team (including the Sr. Payroll Coordinator, Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator, and Accounting Coordinator); responds to their daily needs, answers their questions, and directs their work. Acts as back up to these positions. Acts as second for counting cash and coin for deposit.
- Works in a team environment and works independently; plans, organizes, coordinates, assigns, and evaluates the work of Accounting Team; provides training as needed, prioritizes activities; establishes performance objectives.
- Oversees, reviews, and approves payroll, accounts payable, and cash receipts processing and related journal vouchers.
- Prepares assigned journal vouchers.
- Completes assigned balance sheet account reconciliations and monthly reports.
- Analyzes, reports, and records fixed assets.
- Approves ACH requests and Controller initiated inter-bank ACH transactions.
- Reviews current processes for payroll, accounts payable, and cash receipts with intent to strengthen those processes and find efficiencies.
- Provides Development Department Grant Team the annual agency budget and requested format by department.
- Responsible for assigned Statutory filings.
- Actively participates in regular finance meetings and attends applicable trainings as needed.
- Operates independently and works under minimal supervision of Controller.
- Establishes effective working relationships within the department and throughout the organization; partners cross-departmentally.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with other employees and other agencies using tact, courtesy, and good judgment; speaks effectively in interpersonal situations.
- Establishes and maintains effective and accurate financial systems and office practices, processes, and procedures; establishes and maintains effective filing and record keeping systems.
- Understands, applies, and explains agency financial policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and problem solves with minimum direction.
- Works with accuracy and attention to details to meet deadlines.
- Understands and executes complex accounting procedures.
- Accomplishes goals using sound judgment and decision-making skills, and creatively problem-solves issues.
- Maintains a high degree of flexibility and multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates respectfully with people regardless of age, race, gender, religion, color, national origin, marital status, the presence of physical, sensory, or mental disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or any other expression of diversity
- Maintains a professional and positive working relationship with clients, vendors, volunteers, donors, and fellow staff and adheres to the Hopelink Standards of Conduct.
- Practices and achieves Hopelink’s Core Competencies in support of Hopelink’s overall strategy, team goals and individual goals. Core competencies are listed below.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is essential to our business and to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you. So, if you think you qualify, and don’t necessarily meet every single point below, please still get in touch. We’d love to connect and see if you could be a great fit.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Five or more years of experience in all aspects of accounting, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Proven leadership skills and a minimum of three or more years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Office 365, Outlook, Excel, and Word, OneNote, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with nonprofit software systems a plus (Abila MIP and Microix).
- Effective planning and organization skills; able to manage strategically.
- Has a forward thinking and process improvement mindset; skilled at evaluating processes for efficiencies and experienced at implementing systems or process adjustments.
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and effective financial services systems.
- Experienced with accounting and financial systems management.
The physical demands and work environment described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Work involves standing, walking, stooping, talking, reaching, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing, grasping, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Licenses, Certificates, and other Requirements:*
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation; regular attendance and punctuality is essential to our business and to this position.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of November 30, 2021, all Hopelink employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Upon hire, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable laws. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation. Hopelink is committed to providing the best possible service to all of our clients in a safe environment.
We are actively building an environment that welcomes and encourages the involvement and success of all individuals and respects the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and values are included.
If you want to join our dynamic team, why not bring your talents and skills to Hopelink? In addition to great staff, we offer a competitive benefit package.
To see all of Hopelink’s open positions, please visit:
Hopelink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 – $78,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Redmond, WA 98052
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.