United Nations Development Programme
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to the Office/s as non procurement activities, conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to property management;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance.
- Perform Buyer role and prepare Purchase Orders (if applicable);
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services
- Create and upload vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels, and other tasks, as assigned;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office).
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Recommend your friend
Duties and Responsibilities
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Servicemitarbeiter – Feuerungsbau / Glasindustrie / Handwerk (m/w/d)Campusjäger by WorkwiseBayernBayern
ITB23/02636: FPI/ Energy efficiency in multi-story residential buildings 4 LOTsUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Protection Assistant CBPDRCDiyalaDiyala
Capacity Building OfficerEUI - European Urban InitiativeLille, FranceLille, France