Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home
The Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is a 45-bed long term care facility in Lion’s Head, Ontario. Our not for profit home is an integral part of the vibrant community on the Bruce Peninsula. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Administrator is responsible for providing high quality care to all residents, while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for staff, residents and their families.
In this critical role for the Home, the Administrator will:
- Provide overall leadership in the Home to ensure that resident’s goals and objectives are achieved
- Manage all human, financial and physical resources for the various departments
- Recruit team members and aid in their professional development by fostering an environment focused on knowledge sharing and skill building
- Take part in the lives of the residents, their families and the local community to share the mission, vision and values of the residence
- Collaborate in the budgeting process and manage the facility within the budget while overseeing the accounting operations
- Maintain a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level
Our preferred candidate will bring the following to this role:
- Must be a Registered Nurse, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current, valid membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Long Term Care Administrator’s Certification (completed or enrolled)
- At least 5 years of working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Ability to generate creative solutions and new approaches to daily challenges
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices and Employment Standards Act principles and legislation
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles and applicable legislation
To learn more about our facility, please visit our website at www.goldendawn.ca.
To discover all that our region has to offer for social, recreational and community activities on the Bruce Peninsula, please visit www.thebrucepeninsula.com
Interested applicants should apply by sending their cover letter and resume via email to the attention of Mr. Gerry Myles.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Golden Dawn. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.