United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational IT matters, including incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management – following ITIL principles and DIST Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs in each UNHCR office in the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Support the implementation of the IT operations plan and thereafter ensures that all equipment is always in good working conditions as to meet the IT needs of the office(s).
- Discuss infrastructure needs with the IT Officer and Head of office in the AOR and provide input for the budget submission.
- Monitor and coordinate the work of local IT staff as directed by the IT Officer or Head of Offices in accordance with the standards set by DIST/HQ.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment for the AOR and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up to date.
- Provide coaching and training to local IT staff and users. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the IT equipment – using shared resources on the Intranet, when available.
- Participate in the assessment of security related projects in coordination with the Field Security Officer and assist in the formulation of recommendations on security communications.
- Promote relation with UNHCR implementing partners to enhance communication and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management,
- Liaise with Registration and Information Management colleagues to ensure their IT needs are met.
- Liaise with the National Regulatory Authority to ensure that licenses and permissions required to operate UNHCR telecommunications networks are granted.
- Actively participate in IT related meetings to ensure that all decisions taken meet UNHCR’s operational and security requirements.
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse, and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Fields of Education:
- Information Technology; or other relevant field.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
ICT Officer (Automation System Architect), NOA, Business Innovation and Support, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, HungaryUNICEF GlobalHungaryHungary
National Programme OfficerUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationHaiti, HaitiHaiti, Haiti
Administrative AssistantUnited Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)Tegucigalpa, HondurasTegucigalpa, Honduras
RFQ for the supply of Stationery – National Competitive BiddingUN-WomenSierra LeoneSierra Leone