University of New Mexico Hospitals
Department: Pediatrics Clinic
Full Time (30 – 40 hours per week)
Shift hours are 0930-1800
Perform a variety of customer service duties; provide information and assistance to internal and external customers; schedule appointments, verify medical coverage; perform basic cashier duties; serve as first contact for incoming customers within assigned ambulatory setting; ascertain customer’s needs and direct appropriately. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. No patient care assignment.
* ADMISSION/DISCHARGE – Assist patients and families with all aspects of the admission and discharge process; communicate and assist in resolving problems
* CASHIER – Perform basic cashiering duties; collect monies for various activities; close and balance cash register
* CUSTOMER SERVICE – Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers; provide and ensure quality service and customer satisfaction
* DATA ENTRY – Enter various data into computer; verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy
* REGISTRATION – Interview patients and/or families to obtain demographic, financial information and signatures as required; schedule new and follow-up appointments
* REGISTRAT/DISCHARGE – Verify insurance eligibility and restrictions to include referrals, prior authorization and financial assessment as required; may process patient discharge to include obtaining referrals, scheduling tests and other related activities
* TELEPHONE – Answer and direct phone calls as requested; take and relay messages
* ASSISTANCE – May assist other departments/clinics as requested
* PATIENT CENTERED MED – Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* High School or GED Equivalent
1 year directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
Medical office and/or clerical experience
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
* Minor Hazard – physical risks, dirt, dust, fumes, noise
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.