University of Miami
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The department of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator 1. The Clinical Research Coordinator 1 serves as an entry level clinical research professional that has a basic foundation in clinical research through assigned responsibilities in data management or implementing clinical research protocols. This role exhibits increased learned skills and flexibility in performing duties, and assumes responsibility for simple clinical research protocols and timelines.
- Performs chart review/pre-screening activities for study participant eligibility and coordination of simple clinical research protocols. Maintains enrollment procedures according to the protocol.
- Coordinates routine activities of clinical studies including data collection and maintenance, planning study timelines, schedules appointments and study visits, meeting scheduling, and project evaluation.
- Performs moderate to complex research tests/ experiments and adapts procedures for quality improvement under supervision.
- Understands and follows technical instructions for operating clinical research equipment, problem solves when operational failures occur.
- Assists in observing and informing the PI/supervisor of adverse events, including those reported by study participants.
- Addresses adverse events per protocol, advocating for study participants and quality standards throughout the lifespan of the study.
- Identifies, reports, and helps problem solve protocol deviations and unanticipated occurrences.
- Follows the appropriate fundamental requirements of all international, national, and local regulatory bodies.
- Knows the contents and maintenance of study-specific clinical research regulatory binders.
- Maintains requisite skills and mandatory training in safety, equality, responsible conduct of research, continuing education, and research competencies.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The MACS/WIHS Combined Cohort Study (MWCCS) seeks to fill 2 Clinical Research Coordinator 1 position. The primary responsibilities of Clinical Research Coordinator 1 will be data management and implementation of clinical research protocols. In addition, Clinical Research Coordinator 1 will also assist the Recruitment Coordinator in outreach and recruitment efforts for the MWCCS Study and sub studies and report to Dr. Deborah Jones (Medical Campus, Miami).
- Conducts screening, screening, and baseline interviews at the UM/Jackson HIV Clinic, Converge Miami, and CRB Building.
- Demonstrate commitment and comfort in working with people with HIV within LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities.
- Prepare correspondence and answer phones.
- Coordinate the scheduling of appointments and study visits.
- Able to be outgoing and comfortable talking to or approaching people on sensitive personal topics in bars, clubs, clinics, health agencies, etc.
- Helps observe and report adverse events to the PI/supervisor, including those documented by study participants.
- Establishes networking opportunities in academic and community spheres to promote opportunities for collaborative recruiting efforts.
- Able to commute and work evenings, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Participates in community events and distributes appropriate recruitment materials.
- Maintain University standards when handling participant information and data.
- Assists in organizing and executing meetings, events, and educational activities for community partners, staff, and faculty members.
- Address adverse events per protocol, advocating for study participants and quality standards throughout the lifespan of the study.
- Maintain required skills and mandatory training in security, equality, responsible conduct of an investigation, and continuing education.
- Monitors petty cash for study visits and purposes.
- Adhere to University and unit policies and procedures and safeguard University assets.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.