Fee & Timeframe: We are looking for a consultant to start as soon as possible and estimate the work to take between three to six months. We request that you state your recommended timeframe for completion, the approach you would take to delivering the consultancy and what your fee structure would be. As a not-for-profit we would appreciate quotes that reflect our limited budget.
Our mission is to get preschool children in rural Africa school-ready. At present over 250 million children worldwide fail to receive the education and care they need in their early years which means they are less likely to do well in school, find gainful employment, and are at greater risk of early marriage, early parenthood and even criminality. Current approaches to solving this crisis are not proving effective or scalable in lower and middle-income countries.
That’s where Lively Minds comes in. We have developed an award-winning Early Childhood Development programme that has been proven to get pre-schoolers in hard-to-reach communities school-ready, so they have a greater chance of succeeding in school and life. The programme provides marginalised Mothers with a parenting course that empowers them to run educational Play Schemes for pre-schoolers and to provide better home-based care, using cheap local resources. The programme is delivered through government partners, is cheap and highly scalable.
We currently have a high-profile partnership with Government of Ghana to support them to scale the Lively Minds programme to 4000 communities reaching 1million children. We are now fundraising to achieve nationwide coverage. We also run the programme in Uganda and have successfully supported local government to implement across the whole of Mayuge District reaching over 400 communities.
Over the next few years, as well as supporting GES and the Mayuge District as they take control of implementation and funding for the programme, we have ambitious plans for the future of Lively Minds. We intend to run a pilot of our radio programme in Uganda, expand the GES Lively Minds programme to all rural communities in Ghana, and share our learnings and approaches widely across the ECD space.
About the consultancy project
In order to achieve our ambitious plans we need to attract new sources of funds We require a consultant to:
- Review our website and past fundraising proposals and provide recommendations on key messaging, highlighting the needs and benefits of the Lively Minds Programme and our scale through government approach
- Create high quality collateral to support our fundraising efforts, in-line with our brand guidelines. You will create customisable communications explaining how the programme works and communicating the impact, reach and benefits. Key communications for the website, funding applications and pitch decks to be delivered include:
- Case for support template custamisable to include impact in both/either Ghana or Uganda
- The annual report, including a review, finances, case studies and impact data
- Customisablepitch decks & two-page brochures for Sustaining and expanding the programme in Uganda, Ghana and for the programme globally
- A customisable pitch deck & two-page brochure for the Lively Minds radio pilot
- Review our current analytics and reach/engagement rates on the website and social media. Provide recommendations to increase reach and engagement including setting targets. Establish an analytics and reporting process to monitor our performance on these targets
- Review the social media plan make recommendations and add in analytics/success. Provide recommendations to increase reach and engagement including setting targets. Establish an analytics and reporting process to monitor our performance on these targets
- Advise on relevant GDPR and consent policies; produce a recommendations report to ensure all Lively Minds communications adhere to regulations and best practice with details of how to practically implement any changes recommended
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the Fundraising & Communications Team
Potentially in addition to the above deliverables, if you have the experience and time:
- Develop a crisis communications strategy to be in place should we ever need it
To succeed in this assignment you will have:
- Excellent copy and design skills with demonstrable experience of creating engaging and persuasive material for a range of audiences (ideally funders)
- Extensive experience of setting up communications monitoring, targets and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of income generation activities and the need for persuasive and bespoke communications to raise funds
- Up-to-date knowledge of GDPR and consent regulations and best practices,
- Understanding of working with NGOs and/or organisations operating in the Global South with limited budgets
- Analytical skills including web and social media engagement and analysis
- Website development expertise
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter detailing:
- How your expertise and experience matches consultancy specification
- What approach you would take to delivering the consultancy
- Your recommended timeframe for completion
- What your fee structure would be.
Please also attach a piece of design work that you are proud of.
As a not-for-profit we would appreciate quotes that reflect our limited budget
Please send this information to: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm (GMT), 12th June 2023.
Please note: applications will only be reviewed if they include a cover letter addressing the information requested above, your CV and an example of your work.