International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req46730
Job Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Sector: Community Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 24.10 – 24.10 Hourly
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Work Arrangement: In-person
Job Overview: The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for collaborating with IRC staff and a wide variety of community partners and faith and civic groups to identify communities and potential partners throughout the Baltimore metropolitan area. The Community Engagement Specialist also contributes to the development of resources, including volunteers and in-kind donations, to support the successful resettlement of humanitarian immigrant families. The position has a dual role in helping refugees adjust to their new life and raising awareness and understanding among the local community about their newest members. This position reports to the Community Engagement Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
In-Kind Donation Outreach and Coordination:
- Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator to secure necessary in-kind donations. Communicate with staff to determine client needs and communicate those needs with the community. Assist with distribution and recording of in-kind donations to IRC clients.
- Conduct community outreach and engagement to solicit in-kind donations, in collaboration with the coordinator and depending on team teams. This entails responding to email and phone call inquiries, identifying or responding to community speaking engagements, working with individuals or groups to plan and execute donation drives.
- Coordinate with office operations and leadership team to store, distribute and track in-kind donations.
- Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure the IRC maintains an active, effective, professionally managed intern and volunteer program.
- Fulfill administrative duties for volunteer programs. Coordinate with colleague(s) to ensure volunteer processing and documentation is tracked, including background checks, hours and mileage.
- Update and develop resources to manage volunteer and intern lifecycle for opportunities including but not limited to the Welcome Home Project, youth success coaching, family mentorship, and internships.
- Support current volunteers and interns with questions and administrative tasks.
- Support the Community Engagement Coordinator to onboard new volunteers and interns.
- Conduct client and mentor feedback surveys for the family mentor program and other volunteer opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- At least one year of experience working with volunteers. Experience with resettlement/immigrant populations strongly preferred.
- Experience conducting volunteer training sessions preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to cultivate partnerships with community organizations to meet mutual goals.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English required, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid drivers license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and field time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Will require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.