- Student Health and Counselling (MAN)
- Students and Global Engagement
- Palmerston North
Professional Grade 6 67184 – 95514
Students and Global Engagement
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
Join Our Team at Massey University – Make a Positive Impact on Student Wellbeing!
Are you a passionate and experienced Mental Health Professional or Counsellor eager to contribute to the wellbeing and success of tertiary students? Massey University invites you to join our dynamic Manawatū Student Counselling team based in Palmerston North.
Position Overview: As a vital member of our supportive and creative team, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the mental health and overall wellbeing of Massey students, both on campus and remotely.
• Provide short-term focused therapeutic interventions
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
• Address the unique challenges faced by tertiary students
• Design and deliver psychoeducational programs and events
• Uphold a commitment to the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021
Requirements for Success:
• Current registration with NZAC, NZASW, or equivalent professional body
• Demonstrated therapeutic skills and experience
• Understanding of issues specific to tertiary students and young adults
• Ability to work autonomously in challenging and complex contexts
• Experience working with diverse student demographics, including Māori, Pasifika, Rainbow, Neurodivergent, and international students
• Familiarity with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and Regulations
Why Choose Massey:
• Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students academic and personal success
• Supportive and collaborative team environment
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Thriving campus community and vibrant student life
• Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
• Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
• Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
• Special staff rates available for campus gym membership
• Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ.
The employment setting has a predominance of young adults but can involve work with people across the lifespan and applicants will be required to comply with the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and the Vulnerable Children (Requirements for Safety Checks of Childrens Workers) Regulations 2015.
How to Apply: If you are dedicated to student success, enthusiastic about mental health support, and eager to contribute to a collaborative team, we want to hear from you! Apply today to be part of Massey University’s commitment to student wellbeing.
For a confidential conversation please contact Aldrich Manuel, Team Leader – Student Counselling Services E: [email protected]
Join us in shaping a positive and empowering university experience for our students!
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
JD- Counsellor Opens in new window
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.