World Health Organization
There are some vacancies of Data Assistants in the States/Regions as mentioned above. The Data Assistants will be supported by extrabudgetary sources. The incumbents will work under the direct supervision of Medical Officer (Malaria) and overall guidance of the WHO Representative to Myanmar, and in close collaboration with malaria programme to perform the following tasks mentioned in the section below. The positions are for one year 2024 and extension is contingent to performance and successful acquisition of funds beyond 2024.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision of Medical Officer (Malaria) and general guidance by WHO Representative to Myanmar the incumbent will work with officials to perform the following tasks:
- Data Encoding: Encode data from each health facility within the State/Region assigned using the database developed by WHO in case the absence of data focal person at township level.
- Ensure the integrity of data: Regular check for completeness and accuracy of data and inform programme officials and the WHO Malaria Field Project Coordinator assigned at State/Region and feedback to township focal person for any discrepancy. Make back-up files as per standard operating procedures to be provided to WHO Malaria Team, Yangon.
- Ensure encoding of case and foci investigation forms.
- Facilitate in trainings and workshops related with M&E to the Global Fund supported projects as necessary
- In transition to the WHO position, work closely with the other data assistants, malaria focal person, field project coordinators to transfer knowledge and simultaneously built capacity of the national programme staffs.
- monthly activity report and end of assignment report to WHO Malaria Unit. The report must be in a format and substance which will be outlined by WHO Malaria Team.
- Assist training on data management.
- In consultation with officials the incumbent will provide roaming service to support data encoding to the township distance to the duty station.
- The incumbent will closely coordinate with WHO Scientist (Malaria Control) and other WHO technical staff to receive timely technical guidance
- The incumbent will submit a monthly work and travel plan and activity report, or any other report as required to WHO Scientists (Malaria Control).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- an assignment report on completion of the assignment
- The malaria team is working closely with programme and other partners supporting malaria control and elimination activities. The incumbent is expected to have work-related skills in a team and communication skills to manage the partnership. Most importantly the incumbent needs to work closely with the WHO team members, National and other Field Project Coordinators, Data Assistants, partners and officials.
The function plays a key role with respect to the clients served through the delivery of technical support on surveillance, data encoding, data validation and reporting in a collaborative approach.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor degree with two years of relevant experience and must have undergone basic computer training.
- At least two years’ experience as data assistant, office assistant, secretary or related positions that required the literacy of computer.
Excellent on the use of Microsoft Office especially MS Excel.
Must be knowledgeable on the use of DHIS2 and web-based application.
Must be able to use email and internet.
Knowledgeable on the use of QGIS in desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Myanmar is mandatory.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Scrum Master (m/w/d)hyrUPNordrhein-WestfalenNordrhein-Westfalen
Property Marketing ConsultantSpicerhaartStratton St Margaret, WiltshireStratton St Margaret, Wiltshire
Administrative & Finance Specialist (P3) FT, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea #126760United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaPort Moresby, Papua New Guinea