United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
The Joint EU-UN Programme for Rural Development – Phase III (ENPARD IV Abkhazia Component) is implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It builds on the results and achievements obtained under two previous phases (Phase II and Phase I) as well as COVID-19 action complementing to ENPARD III Abkhazia Component.
The overall objective of the Joint EU-UN Programme (henceforth “project”) is to contribute to improved quality of life and socio-economic conditions of the rural population in Abkhazia, both of men and women in equal manner as well as specific target groups such as individuals with disabilities, or minority ethnic groups, with special focus on agriculture. The goal of the project is to bring about changes through three specific objectives:
- Increase protection of consumers and producers; this will be pursued through awareness raising on food safety, and dissemination of Good Agricultural Practices at farm level
- Enhance resilience of rural communities; this will be pursued through improved agricultural practices, enhanced local expertise, and strengthened diversification of income generation sources
- Enhance community empowerment and social inclusion and cohesion through community-led local development initiatives
Under direct supervision of ENPARD IV Technical Coordinator and in coordination with ENPARD IV team, the Driver based in Sukum/i will provide transportation services to project staff in Abkhazia.
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Meeting official personnel and visitors, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Full compliance with implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the vehicle during all the trips regardless of the location, destination, and distance of travel.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisor and shall remain vigilant and professional all the time on duty;
2. Proper use of vehicle and Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle, cleanliness, and regular checking of the vehicle parts;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as invoices for fuel and maintenance of the vehicle and making sure it is signed by the authorizing officer;
- Report immediately to office and supervisor for any accident, mechanical failure occurring during a trip;
- Keep records of use of vehicle daily mileage trips, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
3. Perform any other relevant duties as required.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Administration & Operations – Vehicle management – Knowledge of policy & procedures on fleet management
Administration & Operations – Registry & correspondence management – Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to manage archives
Administration & Operations- Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings) – Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
Administration & Operations – Documents and records management – Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
Business Management – Communication – Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Business Direction & Strategy -Effective Decision Making – Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise, and resources
Business Development – UNDP Representation – Ability to represent UNDP and productively share UNDP knowledge and activities; advocate for UNDP, its values, mission, and work with various constituencies
- Secondary education.
- Valid driver’s license B category
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in administrative and logistics in public/private sectors and/or international organizations is required.
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Experience in minor repair of the vehicle is desirable.
- Over 5 years of driving record.
- Experience in working as a Driver in an international organization/INGO would be a strong asset.
Knowledge of Russian language and basic English language is required, knowledge of Abkhaz is an asset
Visits to target regions may be required on a need’s basis.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.