NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
NRC is committed to our localization strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the programme operations.
NRC will endeavor to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Education Project Coordinator position is to supervise and implement formal and non-formal education programming.
What you will do
- Line management of education project officers and education technical assistants
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Contribute to education strategy development, and project proposals, and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement a delegated portfolio of education projects (activities, budget, and project documentation (Securing Supporting Documents and Reconciliation of Deliverables) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to the education PM and ensure high accuracy of project achievements through project reporting templates, NRC internal system for reporting (GORS) and Activity Info reporting.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees and IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy.
Specifically, you will;
- Support PM in monitoring and tracking education budgets, updating spending plans, procurement plans, work plans and recruitment plans.
- Support PM in preparing monthly progress report and maintain GORS reports updated.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders such as DoE.
- Represent NRC in Education cluster and other coordination meetings related to education.
- Provide guidance to the Education Team members, and coordinate activities with other NRC sectors, i.e., Livelihoods, ICLA, shelter and Infrastructure departments.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the PM/AM.
- Support in development of proposals and budgets for educational activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working at least 3 years in education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of education context in Anbar.
- understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges refugees/IDPs and the host community children face.
- Understanding of Iraq’s contextualized INEE minimum standards
- Knowledge of the basics of Child Protection and/or psychosocial support
- Experience working with children and/or educators; MoE-level experience a plus.
- Experience training or building the capacity of others.
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred significant experience in the field of education.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Build meaningful relations,
- Empower people,
- Act with integrity,
- Deliver results.
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do.
- To be innovative with our solutions.
- To act as one unified and inclusive team.
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Contract Duration: National Fixed-term contract till 31 Dec 2024, renewable subjected to funding, performance, and the need for the position
Duty Station: Anbar- Ramadi with 60% (to different field locations in Iraq)
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.