The English Trainer is responsible for teaching English courses for men, women, and youth at the Cornerstone Community Center. Trainer will need to provide English language education to community members of all ages, skill levels, and backgrounds. The classes will include beginner, intermediate, and possibly advanced depending on the skill level of beneficiaries who register. Responsibilities include supporting the development of course materials and curricula to fit the needs and interests of groups and fostering an engaging learning environment. Samaritan’s Purse is looking for committed, hardworking applicants with a passion to serve people with love and dignity.
- Facilitate interactive English classes to beginner and intermediate level learners according to the developed curriculum, with more advanced courses to follow later in the year.
- Work directly with the Program Officer, Coordinator, and Education Specialist on curriculum development, modifying materials and lesson plans as needed to fit the needs and proficiency levels of participants.
- Evaluate participant progress, provide feedback on assignments, and offer individualized learning support to students who seek it.
- Organize and encourage opportunities for students to practice English outside of the classroom.
- Collaborate with Cornerstone team to advertise and recruit participants from surrounding community through community outreach events and home visits.
- Keep record of student attendance and follow up on absences within 48 hours.
- Complete timely preparation before each class session to ensure the appropriate materials and supplies are ready.
- Communicate all materials and supplies needed to the Program Officer and assist with purchases according to SPI Finance and Procurement Policies.
- Submit timely and accurate activity reports to the Program Officer.
- Conduct surveys and/or tests to assess understanding and practical application of core course material.
- Report concerns regarding a beneficiary or their family to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Uphold SP Code of Conduct at all times.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong grasp of the English language, written and verbal, and ability to teach it to others.
- Ability to facilitate interactive class sessions for men, women, and youth.
- Concern for others and respect for people of all ethnicities, religions, genders, and backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Works well in a diverse team and pressured environment.
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity, stewardship, and confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills.
Education / Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, English, or related field required.
- 1-3 years teaching and/or training experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with an NGO preferred.
- Fluency in Kurdish and English required.
- Proficiency in Arabic preferred.
How To Apply
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should be English Trainer – Sinjar
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.