New Brunswick Provincial Exhibition
The NB Provincial Exhibition in Fredericton is looking for the next experienced Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities. You will be the face of the organization, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high-quality vision.
An excellent executive director is an influential manager with the ability to lead and motivate. They have great communication skills and take a holistic approach in managing the organization’s operations.
The goal is to manage and lead the organization towards the realization of its mission.
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and “voice.”
- Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the board of directors.
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers.
- Ensure adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines.
- Direct and oversee investments and fundraising efforts.
- Forge and maintain relations of trust with members, stakeholders and external authorities.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of NBEX in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Review reports by staff to acquire an understanding of the organization’s financial and non-financial position.
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial positions.
- Experience in developing strategies and plans.
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- In-depth knowledge of governance policies and managerial best practices.
- An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems.
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills, bilingual considered an asset not required.
- Experience with nonprofit organization considered an asset.
Education A completed university degree in Business Administration or a related discipline plus a minimum of five (5) years of related experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial capacity with significant responsibility for human and financial resources.
Subject to the response, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Compensation Yearly salary of $85,000-$110,000, with RRSP option.
Closing date for applications is February 28th, email your cover letter and resume;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.