Mercy Land NGO
The Finance Manager is responsible to provide technical and managerial oversight, management and support to ensure a continuous financial and administrative functionality of MLO Project in Central Iraq.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finance and Accounting
- Ensure that accounts are properly booked and provide quality monthly consolidated account and financial reports (including balance sheet reconciliations) to MLO head Office
- Ensure that all financial donor-reporting requirements are complied with and that reports are submitted in a timely manner. Ensure compliance with donor requirements for cost allow ability and proper cost recovery under project funding.
- Ensure that end-of-financial year reconciliation and financial reporting is completed on time for all projects.
- Produce monthly reporting against project budget for presentation to the Country Management Team with analysis of variances so that amendments can be negotiated with donors in good time and projects are soundly financially managed
- Co-ordinate the annual and project budgeting processes for the MLO projects
- Manage audit procedure
- Budget revision when required
- Follow up and complete all the finance related tasks
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to MLO financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Routine record keeping
- Any other task requested by the Finance Director
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Preferably University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration*
- At least three years of experience working with non-governmental organizations
- At least two years of Financial Management experience.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Experience with carrying out Finance tasks
- Good communication skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in English (Mandatory)
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.