Women for Women International
The Finance officer is responsible for running the office day to day financial activities in coordination with the finance assistant, perform cash request and forecast and analyze expenses against forecasts in the spending plan, visiting income tax office for payments and reconciliations, and maintaining time sheet allocations besides other financial tasks.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Revise the spending plan on monthly basis and analyze the spent against forecast for the review of the finance and logistics manager (FLM).
- Prepare the monthly cash request, secure necessary approval, and submit to GSC
- Take part in the global monthly finance meetings.
- Prepare and send email about the allocations in the time sheet and update staff when biweekly timesheet allocations changes
- Insure and follow up the updated monthly accurate records (soft and hard copies) of financial supporting documents segregated by donor for purposes of internal, donor reporting and audit purposes in coordination with the finance assistant.
- Responsible for clearing quarterly income tax payments to the KRI Income Tax Department.
- Prepare the supporting documents and assist in preparing the annual financial report submitted to DNGOs and visit their offices when requested or needed.
- Accrue the training stipends in the system as per the approved delivery list and follow up with the finance assistant to Issue checks to pay advances to program manager who will manage the process of cash disbursement done by Program staff. Occasionally, Finance Officer may support the disbursement when requested by program and approved by supervisor.
- Review all payment requests of regular and unpaid stipend for accuracy and completeness before verification by the Finance & Logistics Manager.
- Prepare and submit journal entries for accountancy and financial transactions needed in Intacct.
- Review Purchase requisitions for correctness and coding before the verification by the Finance and Logistics Manager.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure the balances are accurate and all the payments in the bank statements are accounted for.
- In coordination with the logistics officer, ensure internal control of the master list of all physical assets in the Iraq Country Office and participate in conducting physical verification of inventory and assets on a regular basis as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all financial information.
- Prepare supporting documents and assist during month-end and year-end financial reporting and audits as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other cash, accountancy and financial related tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and report concerns and to the organizational values Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
- Disclaimer: The duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or any relevant field.
- Years of experience: 3 years of work experience in relevant fields, preferably within INGOs sector.
- Knowledge of the accountancy and bookkeeping and financial systems.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy, honesty, and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends. May be required to occasionally work beyond normally scheduled hours.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the country as required.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Kurdish skills, and good knowledge of Arabic language.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email applications.
- Commitment to and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
This position will be working directly with female participants/beneficiaries, so female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit an updated CV to:[email protected] with mentioning “Finance Officer” in the Subject line.
Only motivated applications that meet the required qualifications will be contacted.
Application deadline is: October 15, 2022
* CV’s shared via links or sent with the wrong subject lines will not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.